Home Cigar 101

humidor

i just bought the cubano 8 pack sampler, does anyone have a spare humidor they can ship at a resonable price so i can enjoy these and my future cigars

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I don't have a spare. But a ziplock bag with a humi pillow will do the trick just fine till you get one. And welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your cigars brother.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    This is Good deal and great starter. it's going to be hard for anyone to send you one cheaper. Unless they're giving it away.

Welcome to the Forum
  • thankyou! i'm new to this. smoked a few cheapos the last couple weeks and have been relaxed. So i figured on trying something good. Ordered and completely forgot the humidor lol.. Thanks for tips/link/ ECt
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i got the one on this page, and while it is TINY it works just fine. http://www.cigar.com/sales/index.asp?t=clearance be sure to learn what seasoning is an what you need to get it to a reasonable level. These guys here taught me a lot.....be sure to listen to them.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    They pop up on cigarsprintsale.com pretty often...can definitely get a good one on the cheap there
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • how are the ones you can just add water too
    Ken Light:
    They pop up on cigarsprintsale.com pretty often...can definitely get a good one on the cheap there
    +1
    southport small cherry is the most afordable at just over 20 bucks on sprint sale. might wanna watch out for that one.
    http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?prod=M-SH40-1. give ya a little room to grow.
  • bought a humidor. good for 25 cigars, it's just a little moisture box you add water to. you cant actually put cigars in it, does anyone have a box laying around for another question? lol
    Humidors generally come with a humidifer disc. Search for a "seasoning" thread and make sure you do that(I would recommend a "no wipe" method). Also, I would buy a digital hygrometer as they are much more accurate. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me or post a question on here and im sure someone would be happy to help.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally, I usually have quite a few spare humis, but with the holiday and all, I gave away a bunch of them and the few I have left are getting some custom work done on them.
    Afraid I'm not much help right now.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • any actual boxes though? I already bought a humidor after reading the advice posted. it goes into the cigar boxes & is 2-3" in diam. holds at 70%. does anyone ahve a box to hold say 50? pictures? send emails to truemuscle@verizon.net with price!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i think you are confused.

You bought a humidification device.

It seems you still need a humidor.

Honestly just buy the cigar.com deluxe humidor off of this page:

http://www.cigar.com/sales/index.asp?t=clearance

It is cheap and works just fine
  • i can't put them in a regular wooden box of some sort? Thankyou for the link
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    No, you need a humidor that has proper seals and Spanish cedar. Or you can just use a new Tupperware container. That would work fine and be a good start. Tupperware, or even a good cooler would work. You don't have to buy a humidor but if you do you need one made for cigar storage not just any wooden box will do.
  • thankyou for the info. i would've messed up my smokes, i thought the tupper ware. I bought a spanish cedar box finished in cherry wood. Very nice... 15$ too! included a humidifier wich i just bought hah.. Thanks for all the tips guys. sorry to be a newbie
    No apology needed. None of us were born with a cigar in our mouth and a humi on the shelf. We all had to learn somehow. It's what we're here for.