Home Non Cigar Related
Options

A small life changing event for me.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Some of you know I have an automotive website.
Years ago, it was one of the largest automotive forums on the internet.
Over the years, my enthusiasm for it has gradually declined and while it's still going strong, it isn't what it once was in all it's glory.
A couple days ago, I got an offer on it and while it isn't a terrible lot of money, it would get me some great cigars. LOL!

We're $1,000 apart on the negotiations, but I think it's time I turned the reigns over to someone who can do something with it.
The website was started in 1999, so it would be the end of an era for me.
It's probably one of the most difficult decisions I've had to make. For over 13 years, that website has been something I have dealt with on a regular basis.

I'm still going back and forth on this, but I know that it would be the right move if I sold it and walked away from it.

Thanks for listening (reading). LOL!
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    If everything works out, congrats! That much time and effort on one endeavor ought to bring joy. If it doesn't, sounds like selling is a great thing. And the cigars that come with the payout!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    If everything works out, congrats! That much time and effort on one endeavor ought to bring joy. If it doesn't, sounds like selling is a great thing. And the cigars that come with the payout!
    Agreed!
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Good luck Tony! Go with your feelings and you'll land on your feet! :-)
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One door shuts and another will open!! Good Luck Tony, let us know how it turns out!
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    nice! i want an exhaust for my car. where can I go? tony. hellooooo. tonyyy
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    I'm still going back and forth on this, but I know that it would be the right move if I sold it and walked away from it.

That says it all. Move on and don't look back.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Hi Jiunn!
    Happy New Year!
    Tons of places to get exhaust.
    Depends on if you want to do it yourself or have it done. :P

Thanks guys!
    I appreciate it.
    It's hard to give up something you worked so hard and long on.
    But a few years back, I had a tool store on the site that all but quit making money, so I went from a business that was doing $60k/year in business to almost nothing. It kind of took the heart out of it.
    A lot of you know know that situation.

If this outfit will meet my price, then I'll sign it all over to them and let them work it over and get it back to what it once was.
    It makes it tough, cause there are a lot of people on that site that may not take it well and I hate to just bail on them. But sometimes, you have to know when to cut your losses and move on to something else.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    kinda like raising a child then letting go of the reigns but you have to some times and it is for the best. hope everything works out for you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congrats but this is about you and your family coming first. The forum members will understand. Good luck.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Exactly James, do what is best for you Tony.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    ...a few years back, I had a tool store on the site that all but quit making money, so I went from a business that was doing $60k/year in business to almost nothing. It kind of took the heart out of it.

Yeah don't feel like the lone stranger. One of my clients ran five or six sites selling hot rod parts, aircraft stuff, specialized tubing for food processors, paint shop stuff, I dunno what all. Going great gums. Hiring people, expanding space. adding lines. Then the bottom dropped out. First financing disappeared, then disposable income. Now he's just limping along on two hot rod sites hoping that things turn around. Had to let a number of people go. The smart money would have sold just before the bubble burst.

Can it only go up from here or will it only get worse before it gets better? Sounds like your buyer is betting one way, you the other.

Irrelevant I guess if you lost enthusiasm.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    0patience:
    jliu:
    Hi Jiunn!
    Happy New Year!

Thanks guys!
    I appreciate it.
    But a few years back, I had a tool store on the site that all but quit making money, so I went from a business that was doing $60k/year in business to almost nothing. It kind of took the heart out of it.

If this outfit will meet my price, then I'll sign it all over to them and let them work it over and get it back to what it once was.
    It makes it tough, cause there are a lot of people on that site that may not take it well and I hate to just bail on them. But sometimes, you have to know when to cut your losses and move on to something else.
    oh I can't do it haha. I need someone to do it fo rme. When that time comes, I'm gonna PM you. And we can talk about Fast and Furious Drift King (DK)
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I sent you a PM Tony.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    0patience:
    jliu:
    Hi Jiunn!
    Happy New Year!

Thanks guys!
    I appreciate it.

oh I can't do it haha. I need someone to do it fo rme. When that time comes, I'm gonna PM you. And we can talk about Fast and Furious Drift King (DK)

So you want to go rice-racing?!? Whatcha driving? Old Dad may be able to set you up with a few things. I've helped build a few street-racers in my day.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    jliu:
    0patience:
    jliu:
    Hi Jiunn!
    Happy New Year!

Thanks guys!
    I appreciate it.

So you want to go rice-racing?!? Whatcha driving? Old Dad may be able to set you up with a few things. I've helped build a few street-racers in my day.
    ichi ni san. GOOOOOOO haha. it's a F10 M5. It'll get here in like two weeks. First it gets tint and clear bra then it gets exhaust. but which one?
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Toombes:
    jliu:
    0patience:
    jliu:
    Hi Jiunn!
    Happy New Year!

Thanks guys!
    I appreciate it.

ichi ni san. GOOOOOOO haha. it's a F10 M5. It'll get here in like two weeks. First it gets tint and clear bra then it gets exhaust. but which one?
    My brother was in the first FF. You can actually see him in it for a good 15 sec.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    Toombes:
    jliu:
    0patience:
    jliu:
    Hi Jiunn!
    Happy New Year!

Thanks guys!
    I appreciate it.

My brother was in the first FF. You can actually see him in it for a good 15 sec.
    no clip no bereeve