Home Non Cigar Related
Options

My New Years Resolution!

RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
I have decided to stop smoking cigars on a regular basis from this day forth!
Yes, I am afraid this must from now on be true.
The only exclusions to this rule is when Dwayne and I decide to take a fishing day or road trip.
All of my humidors and cigars in stock goes to Dwayne tomorrow for always being there for me when I needed him.
Yes, I know this sounds mushy but it is what it is.
Did I mention that we plan to go fishing tomorrow?
:-)
Puff, puff and more puffing!
May we catch many fish and smoke one cigar for each fish caught.........

Comments

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    RBeckom:
    The only exclusions to this rule is when Dwayne and I decide to take a fishing day or road trip.
    All of my humidors and cigars in stock goes to Dwayne tomorrow for always being there for me when I needed him.
    It depends on what the meaning of regular is.
  • Options
    beatnic:
    RBeckom:

I will fish regular until I die!
    But seriously, I do have to slow way down because of my oxygen concentration is very low.
    At this point it has dropped to 84% on average while sleeping.
    At 80% I will spend the rest of my nights wearing a Sleep Apnea mask.
    Not something to look forward too, I must admit!
    Still, not the end of the World either.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleep Medicine is my job...I've worn a mask for 10 years, can't imagine sleeping without it!! It will keep your oxygen level up by using room air to help keep your airway open. If you have questions, PM me..best of luck.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Sleep Medicine is my job...I've worn a mask for 10 years, can't imagine sleeping without it!! It will keep your oxygen level up by using room air to help keep your airway open. If you have questions, PM me..best of luck.
    what?? no really what? can we see a pictura
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    My resolution is the same one I made last year. And that is to buy more cigars that I enjoy and enjoy the ones I smoke.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Krieg:
    My resolution is the same one I made last year. And that is to buy more cigars that I enjoy and enjoy the ones I smoke.
    Same here; stop buying crap, buy more quality that I'll actually enjoy. That goes for booze as well, from beer to bourbon.

Also, more P90X and a better diet - gonna sexify myself this year, more than I did last year. My ultimate goal is to have women come up to me and tell me "I wanna climb you like a jungle gym"

EDIT: Also would like to go to church more than just Easter and Christmas; I say my prayers every night, but I can't help feel/know I'm shorting the Big Guy by not giving up an hour a week to tell him how thankful I am for what I have.

EDIT 2 - resolved to buy and AR-15 and educate my dumb self about it
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Krieg:
    Same here; stop buying crap, buy more quality that I'll actually enjoy. That goes for booze as well, from beer to bourbon.

Also, more P90X and a better diet - gonna sexify myself this year, more than I did last year. My ultimate goal is to have women come up to me and tell me "I wanna climb you like a jungle gym"

What about dudes?
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Rain:
    xmacro:
    Krieg:

What about dudes?
    Dudes that tell me that get knocked down, jail and bail be damned
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    beatnic:
    RBeckom:

But seriously, I do have to slow way down because of my oxygen concentration is very low.
    well I'm just gonna throw this out there....... If at some point you are forced to wear a sleep apnea mask just think how cool it will sound ...... People will walk past you're room and think that Lord Vader himself is counting sheep....... All kidding aside enjoy the times fishing with your bro and enjoy the sticks that you get to smoke as well, and catch some fish and make sure to post the pics.
  • Options
    Bigshizza:

Thank you, in the future I may need a few answers.
  • Options
    I can't seem to get Dwayne to come and pick up the cigars so I guess the only way to get rid of them is to set each one on fire and watch it slowly burn while I hold it in my hand and try my best not to puff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sometimes I let depression talk instead of myself and I think this may have been one of those times.
    I do so enjoy my cigars, especially with good company.
    We caught very few fish yesterday but smoked many great cigars, a perfect day if you exclude the fact that it was in the low twenties when we hit the water!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:

I have to ask, why is your oxygen content low? Do you have asthma?
    Or are you having problems with airway restrictions?
    I'm on accolate, which keeps my airways open at night. It has made a huge difference in my ability to actually sleep.
    I have insomnia, so when I do get to sleep, breathing helps. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience:
    RBeckom:

I have to ask, why is your oxygen content low? Do you have asthma?
    Or are you having problems with airway restrictions?
    I'm on accolate, which keeps my airways open at night. It has made a huge difference in my ability to actually sleep.
    I have insomnia, so when I do get to sleep, breathing helps. LOL!

Diminished lung capacity due to cyst formation in my bronchial tubes from exposure to several environmental hazards when I was a young man including Asbestos roofing and siding as I worked many years in the home remodeling business is my biggest problem.
    Bad genetics also play a very important role in my health as it seems my family is prone to lose our good health early in life.
    My doctors are planning on trying several medications in March when my Medicare finally kicks in.
    Who knows, I may then be able to smoke like a chimney once again.
    Thanks for your concern and I plan on mentioning the medicine you quoted to him the next trip up, if it isn't to expensive...........
  • Options
    It has been nearly a half month since my last cigar.
    I may make my resolution after all......
    Unless too many fishing trips get in the way!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This news sucks brother. I pray your health improves. My wife uses one of those machines and she's able to scream at me all the time now so maybe there's hope for you yet.
  • Options
    Rhamlin:
    This news sucks brother. I pray your health improves. My wife uses one of those machines and she's able to scream at me all the time now so maybe there's hope for you yet.

It's all about perspective.
    Just think of all the great cigars that I had the pleasure of smoking.
    I have two personal journals filled with tasting notes.
    I can read about and remember each cigar I had the time to really enjoy and record.
    I still consider myself a lucky man for having had the pleasure tasting some really fine cigars thanks to some great suggestions by a great number of friends.