Home Non Cigar Related
Options

2012 a year in review

I thought it would be interesting to look back on 2012 and remember what happened last year that was important to me. Big or small, good or bad.

1. Started back to school
2. Moved into my first place of my own (no roommates)
3. Took a better bartending job
4. Met my awesome girlfriend
5. Tried many new types of beers
6. Picked up my first DUI (see number 5)
7. Gave up drinking two months ago (see number 6)
8. Almost finished my sleeve on my right arm
9. Started going to church
10. Started to refocus and get my priorities in order
11. Decided to get back into the cigar hobby after an extended break
12. Started to take better care of myself (both physically and mentally)

That's about all that I can think of right now. Feel free to put up your triumphs and tribulations as you see fit.

Comments

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised you didn't reference #11 on #12. Maybe the mental health is nullified by any physical effects of the cigars?

1. Finished the Master's Degree (MDiv).
    2. Started a great job, if not related to the degree.
    3. Had lot's of great job interviews.
    4. Spent a lot of great time with my wife and kids.

My list is short, but I'll think about it. #1 is huge. It was an ordeal of many years' effort.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Blah, 2012 sucked for me.

1) Got fired from a job I liked, though it was probably for the best
    3) Kicked out of my apt, though I wound up in a better one, made some decent friends, and subsequently found a really nice place to call my own
    3) Lots o' introspection
    3) Drifted farther away from my roots than I like,
    4) Resolved to get back to my philosophical underpinnings, reading more and looking deeper into what it means to live a good life, physically and mentally. This means more working out, and more reading of philosophy like Lao Tzu's The Way, along with the Bible.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave this some serious thought. I thought about all of the things that transpired, but then the words of an old American Indian (my grandfather) rang through my head. He would often say, "If you are looking back, you aren't moving forward and you may trip over your own feet."
    LOL!

2012 pretty much sucked, but this year is starting to look fairly decent. If things all work themselves out this next month, I'll be one happy camper.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.