Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Help please lol

Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
I am looking at getting a self defense pistol compact carry!!! I really wanted a S&W body guard 38+P but can't find one locally!! I have found a Taurus 85 ultra lite in 38 cal!! Any suggestions! Has anyone felt with this specific firearm!! Wanting something to carry in my pocket or concealed with easy access!! Looking around 300 or so price mark!! Thanks ahead of time Brian

Comments

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    I have a Ruger LCP and I freaking love it! The semi-auto I picked after some time trying to figure out which one I wanted for the same purpose. I have a swat buddy who uses the Body Guard as a back up. He raves about that gun.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not that model but i have taurus tracker 44 mag.and my wife has a taurus ultra nine 22 cal both revolvers both great guns.i would recommend taurus to anyone.good luck
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    walther ppk,, oops dont think it will fit the $ imit
  • Options
    I've got the .357 version of the 85...for the money I paid for it ti was worth it. It took a couple hundred rounds for it to go boom reliably, so be ready for that. I don't carry it much because it's only a 5 shot, but it's kinda nice to have around. Have you looked at the Kahr CW series? It's maybe 400 new and that's not too far out of your price range. You get more ammo, a better trigger and honest-to-God sights. Might be something to look at. Cheers!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a NAF 5 shot .22 cal / .22 magnum. You can change the cylinder. Not impressive to look at, but cheap, small, works every time. The 22 long rifles aren't very accurate, but when you put the magnums in it'll hit what you're aiming at within 40 feet or so, and hit hard! Put in your pocket it disappears, looks like you're carrying a set of car keys or something.. Only a 5 shot, I usually put in 4 with the hammer on the empy chamber. I figure, if I ever had to use it, it would be at close range, shoot and move out of harms way.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭

• Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    I have a Ruger LCP and I freaking love it! The semi-auto I picked after some time trying to figure out which one I wanted for the same purpose. I have a swat buddy who uses the Body Guard as a back up. He raves about that gun.
    For the money I agree with ddubridge and go with the Ruger. Personally I think the smith is nice also but you will be able to put many more rounds threw the ruger. If you are able to spend a little more I'd highly recommend the sp101 in 357 mag. One of the best revolvers for the coin and you will still be able to conceal it nicely. Also you can shoot 38 special out of it all day with out any worry of messing up the timing.
  • Options
    DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    ddubridge:

+1, i literally laughed out loud when i read this, might have to invest in one