Home General Discussion

Suggest a cigar to a newbie....

brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
I smoked a Alec Bradley Tempus last night (courtesy of bigshizza) and in my young cigar life, it was the first cigar that i smoked that after i was done with it i was like "holy shi! that was REALLY good"

based off of that, other than buying more Tempus (which i will) what other cigars have a similar flavor profile?

Comments

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    As a total noob, I can't compare (although, I think I should be getting my bigshizza welcome tomorrow) anything to the Tempus, but based on some talk, reviews, and frequency smoked on threads here, I tracked down a Liga Privada Undercrown and had the same experience. About halfway through, I thought I was smoking a dark chocolate cupcake!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The list is endless.
    My Father
    Jaime Garcia
    Torano
    Ava Maria
    Davidoff
    Comacho
    And on and on. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I have a suggestion... PM me your address!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    I smoked a Alec Bradley Tempus last night (courtesy of bigshizza) and in my young cigar life, it was the first cigar that i smoked that after i was done with it i was like "holy shi! that was REALLY good"

based off of that, other than buying more Tempus (which i will) what other cigars have a similar flavor profile?
    Alec Bradley has a load of nice stuff. You like one, you're apt to like the others. Put "Alec Bradley Sampler" into the cigar.com search slot and you'll find several dandy combos.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Try the Avo Take Five sampler, it will give you a good idea of what the Domincan profile is all about, and you get connecticut, habano, sumatra, and maduro wrapped cigars as well. Great way to get to know a region and wrappers.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Try the Avo Take Five sampler, it will give you a good idea of what the Domincan profile is all about, and you get connecticut, habano, sumatra, and maduro wrapped cigars as well. Great way to get to know a region and wrappers.

Which ones from that sampler have habano and sumatra? It was hard to find info when I got my sampler. Seems like most sites just said ecuadorian sungrown.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    catfishbluezz:

Which ones from that sampler have habano and sumatra? It was hard to find info when I got my sampler. Seems like most sites just said ecuadorian sungrown.
    Classic/XO- conny
    Heritage-habano
    Domaine-Sumatra
    Maduro-well...its obvious lol.