Home General Discussion
Options

Camacho 1962 vs. Pre-Embargo

Has anyone compared the these two cigars? It seems they're pretty much the same except for the 20% pre-embargo filler. Just wondering if anyone has smoked both and could tell a difference between the two.

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Difference? Well, it's more like no comparison really. I've smoked several of both, many sizes of the 1962 and there is really nothing notably similar between the two blends.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Honestly, I had the PE early in my cigar smoking career. Didn't seem worth the price tag, though still a great smoke. I liked the 1962 a lot more. I have a few of them on standby.
  • Options
    betasynn:
    Honestly, I had the PE early in my cigar smoking career. Didn't seem worth the price tag, though still a great smoke. I liked the 1962 a lot more. I have a few of them on standby.
    Did you smoke it fairly fresh? These cigars need some time to rest...given 6-8 months, they present an entirely different experience. Fresh, well they just aren't as good.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Yes 20% PE to acco in the filler. However, the regular 1962 has a criollo wrapper. The PE has a 1999 jamastran corojo wrapper. Truth be told, the wrapper is really what makes this cigar amazing.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Alex Svenson:
    The PE has a 1999 jamastran corojo wrapper. Truth be told, the wrapper is really what makes this cigar amazing.
    And in my opinion...it is amazing.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Ditto that, awesome flavor, very smooth and if you keep your eyes peeled, there are great deals to be had on these!
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Alex Svenson:
    Yes 20% PE to acco in the filler. However, the regular 1962 has a criollo wrapper. The PE has a 1999 jamastran corojo wrapper. Truth be told, the wrapper is really what makes this cigar amazing.
    What of the two cigars is amazing?
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    Alex Svenson:
    What of the two cigars is amazing?
    The PE...the 1962 is good, but far from amazing.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    beat me to it.

the words "Camacho" and "Jamastan Corojo" were meant for each other.