Home General Discussion
Options

BigT's updated coolidor pics...

BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
Ok, so I was snapping a few pics for kuzi of my bag system for my cooler and decided to go ahead and make a coolidor thread out of it just for fun...

So the basics are 120qt cooler, housed in a custom box that my son made me for father's day. 3 lb of 65% beads (the beads are in a total of 5 bags, spread throughout the cooler. You can only see 2 of the bags in the pics cause the rest of em are up under and in between boxes). 2 Oust fans. Pretty basic set up.

Here's the box:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Here's a basic overview of what it looks like with just the cigars that I have actual boxes of (I don't keep loose cigars in boxes for space issues. Only cigars that I buy by the box get to stay in boxes):

Here are the bags I keep talking about...:

Here's a top view with just the 3 small ccom bags added (the Camacho TMs, Ramon Buesos, Ruinations):

Here is how I place the big bags, so that I can flip through them like a rol-o-dex:

And finally the finished product of what it looks like just before I shut the lid:

I find this to be the most efficient and easiest way to store my cigars. Especially since this is a dual purpose cooler (I age and smoke out of this cooler). I have probably 25-30 boxes of cigars in it, as well as a couple hundred singles, and as you can see, there is still PLENTY of room for air circulation, as well as more space for when new things come in. All bags are open, of course. Everything is easy for me to see this way, and I know where to find everything in boxes and can get to them quickly (I have the boxes stacked so that I can pull entire sections out at a time to get to the bottom without disturbing the other sections in the cooler).

Everybody has their own method, and this is mine. You are welcome to steal any ideas you want ;)

...and NO, I will not pull out all the boxes and take pics... I don't want you guys getting too excited at work. LMAO...

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Very Nice set up sir, well done.

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome. I like the box; my wife would never let me have a cooler just hanging out in our house, but I'm wanting to go the cooler route because I'm already overflowing the starter humidor she gave me. She just doesn't understand that it's not just about having smokes on hand, it's about aging, and having a selection, and being able to have multiples to try, and sharing with friends, and bombing, and...
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice big Todd. So organized.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Pull em out! U do it and ill do it. Eh? Winnnnk
  • Options
    jliu:
    This was to show the way I store... not to display the inventory... maybe I'll do that some other time. lol
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the pics,, gives some ideas to think about,,,,,,,, i see your sportin some better boxes these days ;o),, Hey do you use any oust fans for circ??,, I do not.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    jliu:
    This was to show the way I store... not to display the inventory... maybe I'll do that some other time. lol
    booooooo. haha jk. kidding i am
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Thanks for the pics,, gives some ideas to think about,,,,,,,, i see your sportin some better boxes these days ;o),, Hey do you use any oust fans for circ??,, I do not.
    Yeah, I use 2. You can see em in the pics (you gotta scroll to the right at the bottom of the post to see that side of the cooler).

And yeah, everything in this cooler is either really nice stuff or stuff that I smoke a lot of. I have a couple hundred more random singles and daily smokes that I keep in Teege's cooler at his house cause we smoke together a lot at his place. I also have a few traditional humis that I keep stocked with Undercrowns and JdN DCs, and a small tower that has random premiums in it... but this cooler houses the boxes and the nicer stuff only, for the most part.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    holy crap.......i can't even fathom having that many cigars.

I don't know where all the money would come from to have all those cigars.......

That's a really nice setup.
  • Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    When I get home I guess I should open mine and take a pic of the bags you moved to mine last week.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    What a collection.. You are set for life.
  • Options
    jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    nice. i have 2 coolers full and the boxes are taking up to much room. thinking of spending a day and organizing with the bag idea to make for more room and easier access to the stuff on the bottom. i haven't even been inmy lower one cause the top one is so heavy. i did open it the other day when i hooked my uncle up with a 150 count humi and loaded him to the brim. he has always smoked but never bought more then 3 or 4 at a time so i got him started on a stash that should give him tons to try and last him a while.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Amazing. Please excuse me while I go have a jealousy rage fit
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Todd, you organized them very nicely. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Very niceTodd, excuse me while I wipe the drool off my phone.
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    You crack me up. I've seen pics of your stash. You have no reason to envy mine!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    BigT06:
    ENFIDL:
    HA! My stash looks like a steaming pile next to yours sir
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    BigT06:
    ENFIDL:
    lets all get together and steam all our piles!
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very nice.organized very nicely,the box is pretty cool too
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    jliu:
    ENFIDL:
    BigT06:
    ENFIDL:
    lets all get together and steam all our piles!
    i thought you were going to put up some pics of your piles whats up.
  • Options
    twistedstem:
    Thanks. It took my boy and my dad like a month to build that thing and sneak it to the house. I thought it was super cool, and I think it looks pretty cool in my office.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    twistedstem:
    Thanks. It took my boy and my dad like a month to build that thing and sneak it to the house. I thought it was super cool, and I think it looks pretty cool in my office.
    that just makes it even cooler
    no matter where you go, there you are.