Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Two Sets of Books

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Read some interesting articles on their activities lately. Like so many things, science has left the building and it is now run by psuedo science career govt types. They routinely adjust temp data, here is one excerpt

"One problem in weather monitoring occurs when there is a "break point" -- an instance where a thermometer is moved, or something producing heat is built near the thermometer, making temperature readings before and after the move no longer comparable. "Version 2.5 improved the efficiency of the algorithm.... more of the previously undetected break points are now accounted for," Smullen explained. He added that the report also recalculated "the baseline temperatures [that] were first computed nearly 20 years ago in an era with less available data and less computer power." Spencer says that the data do need to be adjusted -- but not the way NOAA did it. For instance, Spencer says that urban weather stations have reported higher temperatures partly because, as a city grows, it becomes a bit hotter. But instead of adjusting directly for that, he says that to make the urban and rural weather readings match, NOAA “warmed the rural stations’ [temperature readings] to match the urban stations” -- which would make it seem as if all areas were getting a bit warmer."
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    The fact that the left lies should surprise no one.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting headline, bookmarked the link for later. (Especially since we've "talked" about this subject before...BTW not sure what happened to that thread)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *