Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

cuaba salamones

under the reccomendation of one of the brothers i am looking at getting some and was wondering if any of you other guys have given these a try. something about the figurado just looks sexy to me. call me weird.

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Yes and I liked it, but it needs a ton of age to develop bro. The profile is very light and delicate, not full body at all. I'll grab a box sooner or later, but not until I'm bored and have nothing else to buy. If I found an aged box I'd jump in a heartbeat
  • Options
    jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    thanks for the honest feedback dustin. i really wish it was easier to get singles and such so i could try diff things and see what my tastes are.
  • Options
    Here's how I break down ISOM. You have the light profile, the dark profile, the earth profile, and the EL/RE profile. I like the light profile, and find it in Hoyo, Upmann, Cuaba, RA, and VR, as well as some specific vitolas depending on brand. The earth profile I liken to boli, party, and PL. I like boli and only some party. The dark stuff is hit and miss to me. I've also not found many EL/RE stuff I like. It's like anything else, they are all different. We'll trade in a few weeks, I'll get ya some nice ages goodies.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Jeep...told ya Distin is a cool friend.
  • Options
    whats el/re. thanks for all the help. i am very very very very new to the isoms.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    jeep edson:
    whats el/re. thanks for all the help. i am very very very very new to the isoms.
    limited editions and regional releases
  • Options
    thanks. i couldn't figure it out being el instead of le. i was never good wth spanish.
  • Options
    Be careful with Regional releases. Most of them are regular cigars with an extra band. I only enjoyed the Robina Espana Edition and Montecristo Edmundo Dante Conde Mexican release.
  • Options
    Edicion Limitada...or limited edition. Every year a couple brands do a EL release that is a vitola not normal to them. They also release Regional Editions that are specific to certain parts of the world, like Asia, UK, etc... These typically have darker wrappers and the tobacco is aged two years before rolling. The EL stuff is the high end, and the RE stuff is like the HTF tats only really expensive. For some reason, every EL/RE I've had has been fantastic, but not mind blowing. While a prime aged example of a normal production, say a 6 year old upmann or monte, has proven to me why to buy ISOM and age them. There is nothing like it...and you will soon experince it, as soon as some stuff leaves New York lol
  • Options
    rzaman:
    Be careful with Regional releases. Most of them are regular cigars with an extra band. I only enjoyed the Robina Espana Edition and Montecristo Edmundo Dante Conde Mexican release.
    thats been my experience and very high price
  • Options
    why would you need to be careful with the regional. because it is usually a diff blend. or because they charge more. you guys are a wealth of knowledge and i am a total sponge. my wife is always wondering why i am on this site and other sites reading about cigars and reviews. i have been a cigar smoker since college but am new to the learning about cigars and all that goes with it. i used to just smoke them. now i wanna know what i am smoking and why this one tastes better to me than that one. etc etc.
  • Options
    They cost alot, and if Rip says they are rebranded normal release, I would not be surprised. I have not been impressed with any in regard to price. I'll take three boxes of petite corona instead lol
  • Options
    my biggest fear is my palate is not trained enough and therefore even the best smoke would be lost on me. i know whether i like it or not but worry that it would be wasted on me. i have never been a drinker and someone could have me taste the worlds best wine and to me it would taste the same as some boones farm. but i look forward to the challenge of learning more and thank you guys for guiding me on this life experience.
  • Options
    Jeep, I would suggest you not to buy LE and RE now. Start smoking the regular Cubans just to get familiar with the regular lines. This way you will enjoy more and gradually expand your smoking experience. Remember, expensive, Limited Edition or Regional release cigars are not always the top cigars. Dustin's initial post explained nicely how to explore Cubans. Dustin has good taste and he has expanded his taste gradually. Now he is a taking a PhD in Cuban cigars-:)
    jeep edson:
    why would you need to be careful with the regional. because it is usually a diff blend. or because they charge more. you guys are a wealth of knowledge and i am a total sponge. my wife is always wondering why i am on this site and other sites reading about cigars and reviews. i have been a cigar smoker since college but am new to the learning about cigars and all that goes with it. i used to just smoke them. now i wanna know what i am smoking and why this one tastes better to me than that one. etc etc.
  • Options
    thanks rip. dustin has been helping me along on the pm side for awhile. hopefully i am not pestering you guys i just like learning andmaybe some others can read what you guys are writing and learn some too. what is the reason you don't see alot of maduros in cc's. is it a cultural thing.
  • Options
    Not a problem at all, I had to ask the same questions. I took the exact opposite approach with ISOM as I did nc cigars as I learned my lesson. Buy slow, figure out what you like, then start buying boxes. Rip would be better suited to answer the Maduro question as I cannot comment on te history of the wrapper in Cuba. My guess is it was a response to the American palette searching for stronger full bodied cigars.
  • Options
    can you pm me the best place for singles. my few websites only have boxes.
  • Options
    I will post something just about Cuban Maduro, the fermentation, Colorado Maduro, Maduro, Oscuro or Maduro Maduro and the hype about triple Maduro. For now, the natural Maduro process is a time consuming fermentation method where the long fermentation break down the strength to an extend where it looses its standard and preffered Cuban strength and aroma. This is a reason why Cuba does not produce that much Maduro wrapper. The Cohiba Maduro is also an experimental production from the Casa del Habano. Though the market reacted positively but CDH still undecided if they want to add more lines or not. More later...stay tuned.
    catfishbluezz:
    Not a problem at all, I had to ask the same questions. I took the exact opposite approach with ISOM as I did nc cigars as I learned my lesson. Buy slow, figure out what you like, then start buying boxes. Rip would be better suited to answer the Maduro question as I cannot comment on te history of the wrapper in Cuba. My guess is it was a response to the American palette searching for stronger full bodied cigars.
  • Options
    thanks rip. knew you would have the answer. when you say maduro maduro you mean binder and wrapper correct. so triple would be filler also? i saw a piece on youtube where cao has a mx3 sitting in their aging vault. as a fan of the mx2 i would love to try that thing.
  • Options
    jeep edson:
    thanks rip. knew you would have the answer. when you say maduro maduro you mean binder and wrapper correct. so triple would be filler also? i saw a piece on youtube where cao has a mx3 sitting in their aging vault. as a fan of the mx2 i would love to try that thing.
    ill grab you one next time I'm at a shop up north. They have them there asa shop blend.
  • Options
    they have a triple maduro as a shop bland. how is it. any good. you are more a fan of the conny though arent you.
  • Options
    jeep edson:
    they have a triple maduro as a shop bland. how is it. any good. you are more a fan of the conny though arent you.
    this shop is huge, tons of buying power and several of their own blends. The MX3 is one, and I haven't had it. I'll grab a couple though, I did buy a few and sent them out as gifts.
  • Options
    you the man dustin