Home General Discussion
Options

I love Padron....what is similar

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
Not sure what it is about Padron cigars but I love them all...from the 1964 Anniversary series all the way down the to basic 2000 which I had last night and would rate as one of my favorite cigars...what brands are similar...I got a real sweet taste from the 2000..almost like the tip had sugar on it...so mild but so flavorful.

Are there any brands you would recommend that are similar in taste...

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'm also a big fan of Padron cigars, I find that Padilla cigars also cater to my tastes, mainly the Miami, 1932, 1948 and Habano. I don't know that I'd say they are similar to Padron in anything but being made from Nicaraguan tobacco, but both brands hit the spot for me.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    j0z3r:
    I'm also a big fan of Padron cigars, I find that Padilla cigars also cater to my tastes, mainly the Miami, 1932, 1948 and Habano. I don't know that I'd say they are similar to Padron in anything but being made from Nicaraguan tobacco, but both brands hit the spot for me.

Joz3r, I have a selection of Padilla coming in, Whats your favorite?
    I cannot wait to try them.
  • Options
    Well, I have three in contention for favorite. I love the Signature 1932, 1948 and Miami equally. All three offer something a little different from the others and do it in grand fashion. So yeah, three favorites actually. :)
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I got the 32 and 48 coming in, can you give me a snapshot of what you think of them?
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Nica Libre. Same wrapper as the anniversary, similar blend, made a mile from padrona factory and you can't argue with the price.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion Alex. I did a search and even the dang band looks almost the same.
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    I got the 32 and 48 coming in, can you give me a snapshot of what you think of them?
    The 1932 is full bodied, I'd describe the flavor profile as a bit woody with some pepper in there...hard to describe actually, as I've never tried to pick apart the flavors of that one. The 1948 is more medium-full, leaning towards full, and I get a lot of leather from it...again, hard for me to describe it specifically because I haven't really thought about ti while smoking. I think more than anything, they've got that "Nicaraguan" thing going on, and that's the taste/aroma that sells me.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    j0z3r:

Joz3r, I have a selection of Padilla coming in, Whats your favorite?
    I cannot wait to try them.
    I have had the Padilla Miami and Hybrid, both were good, but the Miami was my favorite. It was/is a great smoke. Then CA came out with there rating and I think the prices went up a little....typical.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Nica Libre. Same wrapper as the anniversary, similar blend, made a mile from padrona factory and you can't argue with the price.
    alex- Does Ccom have any plans to offer this cigar?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    alex- Does Ccom have any plans to offer this cigar?
    Ya might call Tim and see if this is one they have, but don't have a large enough quantity to put on the site. I've noticed they do have pretty often. I may call him next week and see if they have them and how much a 5 pack or a box would be.