Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Ray Fell of His Roof and Needs Some Cigars

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
As most of you know, Ray (Glock) fell off a roof and messed up his leg pretty bad, not to mention he hurt his pride and now his wife will never let him work one the roof again. We're looking to strike on Monday. If you can help out and spare some cigars, please post your DC# here. Thanks and I wuff you all.

Comments

• Options
    biodarwinbiodarwin Posts: 265 ✭✭
    Damn that sucks. I just sent him a package this week which will arrive today.
  • Options
    Is he ok? I have known people to die from this sort of injury?
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure he is ok. He just said he's gonna have a lot of down time.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I can manage to find a cigar or two to drop in the mail. For the record Ray, this will not be the payback I know you are fearing from me. That day will come, just not yet...
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Pm to you sir.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    As most of you know, Ray (Glock) fell off a roof and messed up his leg pretty bad, not to mention he hurt his pride and now his wife will never let him work one the roof again. We're looking to strike on Monday. If you can help out and spare some cigars, please post your DC# here. Thanks and I wuff you all.
    Monday is a mail holiday, so that won't work. But I'm in for Tuesday. Just clue me in what you mean by "DC#". Shoot me a PM what you need done.

And, Ray, stay off the roof, cause you obviously don't belong there.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost:
    Rain:
    Monday is a mail holiday, so that won't work. But I'm in for Tuesday. Just clue me in what you mean by "DC#". Shoot me a PM what you need done.

And, Ray, stay off the roof, cause you obviously don't belong there.

...of course I meant Tuesday! ;)Ray, time to take it like a man...So who has his addy?
  • Options
    PM's sent/replied.
  • Options
    Rain:
    So who has his addy?

I have it if anyone needs it. Just shoot me a PM
  • Options
    biodarwin:
    Rain:
    So who has his addy?

I have it if anyone needs it. Just shoot me a PM
    Please send to webmost and pross....and myself.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    U guys don't gave to send anything, I think my pride is hurt more than the leg, and yes wife almost finished me off for getting on the roof anyways. I guess I'm not as young as I thought, good news is I get a lot of family time once I have the surgery, and will b off for the birth of our 2 nd child in April. Thanks do much for your support and thoughts its a really pick me up just getting on here and reading all your guys is posts and knowledge, especially Daniel posts lol. Thanks again guys I will b ok, keep your smokes brothers. 1st thing my wife said is I will be online buying more cigars wont u. Keep up the great posts and bombs here guys . Love ya all
  • Options
    And Tony, u owe me nothing, just post me a pic if the piano box so I can see how u displayed it. Hope your boy liked the Star Wars stuff.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    And Tony, u owe me nothing, just post me a pic if the piano box so I can see how u displayed it. Hope your boy liked the Star Wars stuff.
    Don't worry ray Tony's bombs don't hurt....you can't feel when your dead right?!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Holy crap bro, welcome to the roof falling club. Glad you weren't seriously hurt. Good luck with your leg brother. Prayers to you and the family.
  • Options
    Glock1975:
    U guys don't gave to send anything, I think my pride is hurt more than the leg, and yes wife almost finished me off for getting on the roof anyways. I guess I'm not as young as I thought, good news is I get a lot of family time once I have the surgery, and will b off for the birth of our 2 nd child in April. Thanks do much for your support and thoughts its a really pick me up just getting on here and reading all your guys is posts and knowledge, especially Daniel posts lol. Thanks again guys I will b ok, keep your smokes brothers. 1st thing my wife said is I will be online buying more cigars wont u. Keep up the great posts and bombs here guys . Love ya all
    Ray, when you get all these gars, we need a picture of you laid up with 'em.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, Well if I'm dead there won't b any pictures. So please don't kill me off.
  • Options
    biodarwin:
    Damn that sucks. I just sent him a package this week which will arrive today.
    And Jeremy I got the poker winnings, thank u very much, what's the small unbanded 1 bro?
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    ShotgunJohn:
    Holy crap bro, welcome to the roof falling club. Glad you weren't seriously hurt. Good luck with your leg brother. Prayers to you and the family.
    I was going to say what is it with this damn forum and roofs!
  • Options
    Glock1975:
    And Jeremy I got the poker winnings, thank u very much, what's the small unbanded 1 bro?

It is a RP 1990 Vintage Petite Corona 2nd. It is my go to smoke with morning coffee. The first 1/2in is not great, but progresses into a nice smoke.
  • Options
    Ok Jeremy sounds good to me, think I will try it today. Thanks again my brother.
  • Options

More icing on the way today.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Lol, that's a pretty funny picture bro, I think I feel gingerbread cookie's pain. Thank u guys, really lift my spirits.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    Toombes Daniel, or Badass Mofo me Daniel?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Rancho Cucamonga Ca Daniel, u already know
  • Options
    Glock1975:
    U guys don't gave to send anything, blah blah blah Love ya all
    Just sit there, put your foot up, and take your beating like a man.

• Options
    So who else has broken their leg besides glock? I did. Hurts like a sumbidge. Here's my story:

We bought a 2003 BMW R1200CLC motorcycle for our anniversarey. Hence named her "Annie". First serious trip was down the Blue Ridge Parkway in October 2003. Stopped overnight at a Motel Patel in Waynesboro. Motored on down the frosty Parkway happy as clams. Down in southern VA, we spotted a sign saying "Sweet Annie's Gulch". Had to stop and take a pick of Annie in her gulch. Pulled to a top on the grassy shoulder. Grass turned out to be slippery as deerguts on a doorknob. Soon as the RedHead began to dismount, why, Annie started to slide sideways. Toward the gulch. I stuck my boot down in the grass to try and stop her. First bike I ever owned with floorboards. Floorboard caught my ankle. I heard a SNAP! Busted.

A couple Samaritans stopped and lifted Annie upright. I hopped over and threw my leg over. No choice but to ride her out. Down the BRP we puttered. Leg began to swell until it was so tight in my boot that I lost feeling. Kept blowing off the floorboard and I would have to lift my leg by the pant and set it back aboard. By and by, maybe 40 miles along, we saw a blue sign with a white H. Pulled off to find that hospital. First time I had to put my foot down it was like standing on jello. I had nuthin. Over we went again.

Another good Samaritan stopped. Emerald was the cleaning lady at Galax Hospital (a wee clinic the size of this office). Two tykes in her car. Took us to the hospital and dropped us off. The hospital orderly told me that the bone setter could cross the mountain pass next Tuesday if they called for him; or else they could put me in an air cast and we could go see a doctor at home. I voted for home. By the time we were done there, Emerald had rented a motel room, leased a truck, arranged a crew to load the bike on the truck next day, arranged for a farmer to hide the bike in his barn overnight, scored us dinner, and was waiting at the front door of the hospital -- here's the key -- with both tykes still in the car learning a valuable lesson from their mother.

You can bet those tykes got presents from us every Christmas for years.

So what's your leg breakin story?

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done!!03120090000096218551
  • Options
    Well that sure beats my story webmost, silly me thought I was 27 instead of 37 and went up the ladder of the 20 foot barn roof. While up there replacing the tin shingles on the corner where the wind storm had damaged, about 6 of them I stepped backwards and the bottom of my carhart's snagged the edge of the shingle corner and next thing u know over I went. I guess I'm lucky I didn't break my my neck or on the way down missed the wire going up to the roof. Lesson learned.
  • Options
    webmost:
    So who else has broken their leg besides glock? I did. Hurts like a sumbidge. Here's my story:

I have and have some advice for the younger guys- listen to your doctor.

My break happened from two steps up on a stepladder putting in a widow. Got the window in, stepped backwards assuming I was on the first step - nope. Fell backwards and broke ankle in two places. Worst part was, my neighbor was having a reunion, so this was witnessed by about 50 people.

I popped up as if nothing happened, and went inside my house, where I promptly collapsed onto the floor, unable to get up.

I got the the hospital, then the orthopedist to get it put back together, but was so pissed at myself, I hated looking at the cast and crutches. What did I do? cut the cast off myself two days later. I cant describe the look on my wife's face when she walked in on that show. I was in the tub, soaking the fiberglass cast to soften it enough to get my tin snips through it. Pretty sure that is when she knew she married an idiot.

Fast forward 15 years later, I have 2 kids who play hockey, and I cant get a skate on to play with them, I can barely ski, and it hurts to stand for any length of time.

Guess how much sympathy my wife has for me when I get out of bed every morning walking like Ozzy Osbourne?
  • Options
    Oh, and DC 03120860000205758184