Home General Discussion
Options

Whats the Proper Markup ???

I know people resell cigar stock and also hunt rare items. I often see those Items for sale or trade. What is the proper markup for such Item of rarity in the cigar world

#DE4L #StillPuffin

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Whatever someone is willing to pay? I doubt there is a universal number.
  • Options
    puffmasterpuffmaster Posts: 254 ✭✭
    Just curious

#DE4L #StillPuffin

• Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Guess it depends up on what type of reputation you are looking to build...then again, your motivations might be dependent upon the type of person you are. These things have a tendency to work themselves out. The core of people eventually oozes out. The core of CCOM is dramatically different than so many forums. The respect give to and acceptance of newbies on here is very clear. If you learn how to play, interact well with people, then you will continue to be treated with a level of reverence unlike others. If you turn into a troll, with less than desireable characteristics, you will generally be ignored. The bombs that fly on here, are evidence of acceptance by the community. Be fully aware though, that many bombs that are sent, have clear directions stating to NOT post the damage, because the transaction was between the two players...for no one else to see. Sadly, upon occassion people do need to sell cigars because of their personal situations. While everyone likes a deal, i personally believe that most here do not wish to take any advantage of that. So, back to your question: if you are wishing to profit from those on here, hope you make it rich on the first few sales...cause they will likely be your last. That is just my opinion though on the original question, not a reflection upon you, as i have too little to judge your motivations as of yet.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Guess we are about to find out? http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/post/618508.aspx
  • Options
    puffmasterpuffmaster Posts: 254 ✭✭
    Well to my character Im not here to troll as you might have seen some of my participation already. I ask because I see ppl doing it but was curious of the method of the madness. As for the cigars that are for sale those are in stores stock but not trying to promote my store here. Not a place for that but if someone has searched and cant find and its in my inventory I have no issue in selling here, but I dont wanna step on toes or anything.

#DE4L #StillPuffin

• Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    My answer can be taken for what it's worth since I may be interested in those sticks, but I've only been involved in one transaction where I purchased something for someone on here. I gave him the same price that was on the receipt. I see it the same as doing a friend a favor versus putting an ad in the classifieds.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    My answer can be taken for what it's worth since I may be interested in those sticks, but I've only been involved in one transaction where I purchased something for someone on here. I gave him the same price that was on the receipt. I see it the same as doing a friend a favor versus putting an ad in the classifieds.

I am the same way. If I pick up a box of ________, and it cost me $40.... I would sell it for $40 + shipping. I can only think of one example where I would mark anything up. If I found a box lets say, of Anejo's and they were marked $3.99 ea (They priced them the same as a Curly Head...)..... Come to think of it.... I would just smoke most of them and bomb with the rest.... AHAAAAHHHAAA. Everyone is different. Just my .02
  • Options
    jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    i have bought quite a bit on here. and most is way under msrp. people are just that good on here. one time i did offer a guy 50 bucks over what he paid but it was rare and he wasn't looking to sell so i had to sweeten the pot per say. i would say this forum is a not for profit venture.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    +1,, The only profit Ive ever tried to seek is the profit of the good feeling I get when doing something good for someone else, many times for people here that I hardly know. Hell I usually throw in extra sticks if cash exchanges just cause I feel bad that I was in a situation where I couldnt gift all of them.. Kinda reminds me of what happened last wek at the Post office.
    As you can imagine I go there alot and Ive formed a good rapport there. A customer in front of me was shipping a Seahawks glass to her brother in AZ, She was unprepared and didnt have a box or bubble wrap or any packing material. The PO could of supplied all of those things but at a $$ cost. So being the pro I am I go to my mobile command center and gather all the packing material she needs. The Post lady laughed cause she knows me and somehow she knew that I had all that stuff in my rig. The whole time we were getting her pkg together the Post lady was praising me for my assistance and the gal was beside herself with grattitude.. Such a small thing really. Made my day.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    bbass2:
    +1,, The only profit Ive ever tried to seek is the profit of the good feeling I get when doing something good for someone else, many times for people here that I hardly know. Hell I usually throw in extra sticks if cash exchanges just cause I feel bad that I was in a situation where I couldnt gift all of them.. Kinda reminds me of what happened last wek at the Post office.
    As you can imagine I go there alot and Ive formed a good rapport there. A customer in front of me was shipping a Seahawks glass to her brother in AZ, She was unprepared and didnt have a box or bubble wrap or any packing material. The PO could of supplied all of those things but at a $$ cost. So being the pro I am I go to my mobile command center and gather all the packing material she needs. The Post lady laughed cause she knows me and somehow she knew that I had all that stuff in my rig. The whole time we were getting her pkg together the Post lady was praising me for my assistance and the gal was beside herself with grattitude.. Such a small thing really. Made my day.
    did you get her phone #,lol
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    bbass2:
    did you get her phone #,lol
    Nah,, being that she's a Seahawks fan.. It just wouldnt work......LOL
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Lol
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blasphemy Rudy!!!
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    If I had to sell some of my collection I'd do it probably a good amount cheaper then what I got it for...but I'd probably end up giving it away at the end
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    ...but I'd probably end up giving it away at the end
    I thought this is what you have been doing for the past year. Lol.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    ...but I'd probably end up giving it away at the end
    I thought this is what you have been doing for the past year. Lol.
    Pot-kettle kettle-pot
    Money can't buy taste