Home Cigar 101
Options

For those with Fridge-a-dors or just wanna pitch in

LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
I've noticed with my new Wine Fridge that I have two questions:

Where to place the beads? I have a pound of 65% and two large 70% discs, from what I know about mist and fog (water vapor) I put a churchill box on the bottom with the beads and the discs on shelves 2 and 3... any other suggestions?

2. I can get some variances in humidity between shelves and it seems that the fan in the back wall/top shelf of the fridge is always blowing, and with the thermoelectric cooling is that pumping out more humidity? Right now I have a hot glued cedar wall blocking the air flow so it doesn't blow on the cigars... Any other suggestions?

I'm just wondering what others have done or if they would do things differently than me to better keep the stoags so fresh and so clean!

Comments

• Options
    jeff_connorsjeff_connors Posts: 483
    The cooling unit should shut off and on, mine does anyway(mostly off), the fan always runs, which is a good thing, keep the air flowing. I sometimes wipe the heat sink down, as condensation will build up on the heat sink and surounding areas, especially when it gets hot!. I think the hot glue arrangement may cause problems, you don't wanna block the fan, I just put a plain cedar slat on the shelve with the fan and used an old cigar box to store the stogies in on that shelve. Air flow is essential
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    jeff_connors:
    The cooling unit should shut off and on, mine does anyway(mostly off), the fan always runs, which is a good thing, keep the air flowing. I sometimes wipe the heat sink down, as condensation will build up on the heat sink and surounding areas, especially when it gets hot!. I think the hot glue arrangement may cause problems, you don't wanna block the fan, I just put a plain cedar slat on the shelve with the fan and used an old cigar box to store the stogies in on that shelve. Air flow is essential
    I'm not blocking it 100% I have it on a 45* angle and it is blowing all the air to the left and all the cigars on the top shelf are on the right and the cedar is about 4" away from the fan...