Home General Discussion
Options

Hey now

New here and just wanted to say hello. Kind of new to the sport and being in my 40's I think it's high time to stop wasting time with cheap smoke. I've looked around a bit and there is definitely going to be a learning curve stepping it up to the next level. It's like you guys are speaking Japanese in here... And I think that's right where I want to be. Hopefully, over time, some of that will rub off and I'll be able to join in on some spirited cigar talk ;)

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, the search function is your friend and there is plenty of info here. Do not hesitate to bump old threads to ask questions. In no time, you will have a cooler, a serious problem, and enough smokes to last a few years lol....
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the insanity
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Welcome, the search function is your friend and there is plenty of info here. Do not hesitate to bump old threads to ask questions. In no time, you will have a cooler, a serious problem, and enough smokes to last a few years lol....

+1
    Welcome to the forum....

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    huan y
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums!! Enjoy yourself!!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.... welcome.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    welcome to the forum
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Welcome. We all started where you are, and within a year and lots of research into the new and old threads here, you will be up to speed and knowledgeable as the rest of these guys.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard. This is the right place to find any answer to any question you got about cigars.
  • Options
    puffmasterpuffmaster Posts: 254 ✭✭
    Welcome

#DE4L #StillPuffin

• Options
    biodarwinbiodarwin Posts: 265 ✭✭
    Welcome!
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    indeed welcome and jump in with both feet.this is an awesome place for info an good honest reveiws.check out all the sections just chock full of a plethora of uesfull information
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Welcome!
  • Options
    T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    Welcome, welcome! I have learned so much from these BOTL, have fun browsing around and having hours of your evening disappear without even realizing it :-)
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Welcome aboard. This is the right place to find any answer to any question you got about cigars.

+1
    Welcome.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    welcome aboard.......fun place to be a part of.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Welcome to the forum. If you are interested in learning about this hobby, read through catfishblues threads, check out kuzi's reviews, and definately read through razmans journals. There's a very broad and accurate wealth of information about cigars there. Also ask lots of questions. The folks here love to offer advice and opinions, and once you decide what you really like, post it all in a discussion thread, and then DUCK! Some of these guys are insanely generous.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to you. So, did you take your name from the old Black Sabbath song? Follow JDH's advice above, as well as that of the other folks, use the search button, and don't ask if you should keep the cello on until you've read the 101.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Sweetleaf69Sweetleaf69 Posts: 43
    Wow guys! Thanks for the warm welcome :) Ok, I found the search button!! Good deal. Any chance someone might point me in the direction of how to put up pics? Sorry if I am blind and it's right in front of my face. New forum, new forum controls.. Grrr.. I found this, but it's a bit confusing.. http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/472720.aspx Is photo bucket the only way? Thanks everyone Amos... Yes. Black Sabbath bro ;)
  • Options
    Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Welcome, you just took your first step, with your first post.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Sweetleaf69:
    Wow guys! Thanks for the warm welcome :) Ok, I found the search button!! Good deal. Any chance someone might point me in the direction of how to put up pics? Sorry if I am blind and it's right in front of my face. New forum, new forum controls.. Grrr.. I found this, but it's a bit confusing.. http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/472720.aspx Is photo bucket the only way? Thanks everyone Amos... Yes. Black Sabbath bro ;)

just bumped the Formatting Thread for photos, vids, etc. The easiest way is to have a photobucket. thats all I use mine for.
  • Options
    Ok, let's see if this works.. Here's what I am smoking right now. These came from a doctor friend and are largely responsible for why I am here now. I have NO idea if these are really real (I was told they are...) photo 2013_0116Christmas0005_zpsb8f3edf3.jpg photo 2013_0116Christmas0006_zpsf693a515.jpg photo 2013_0116Christmas0007_zps50ddef3b.jpg
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and enjoy, yeah they look real, but others will chime on this! Btw you have a Pm, inbox upper right
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    I had some Rocky Patel's a while back that I thought were almost as nice as these. I have a Gerkha torp I am going to try in a few. Mostly, though, I am talking out of my butt. I cannot remember names for anything and I truly do not yet fathom the real difference between any of these.. Ugh! I am determined to learn though.. That being said, can anyone recommend something from the sampler section for a newb? Variety would be really nice :) Sorry these are so big.... photo 2013_0116Christmas0004_zpsd0d76c3d.jpg
  • Options
    Check out sprint sale on home page, you can get nice samplers at a lower price, or just call ccom rep and tell em what you want to spend ask for andy , he'll help!:-)
  • Options
    MVW67:
    Check out sprint sale on home page, you can get nice samplers at a lower price, or just call ccom rep and tell em what you want to spend ask for andy , he'll help!:-)
    AWESOME! I'm on it..
  • Options
    Sweetleaf69:
    MVW67:
    AWESOME! I'm on it..
    pm sent!
  • Options
    Thanks MVW for all your help. I can't wait to try some of these..
  • Options
    Welcome