Home General Discussion
Options

"Pick My Stick" is back ! TAT WINS ! Review complete with pics

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
Well the Texas weather has finally improved and I have three to choose from today. All new to me. You know the deal, you pick what I will smoke today and I write my very amateur review with pictures.

Choices for today are:

1. Tatuaje Reserva (Brown label with black Reserva band)
2. AB Black Market
3. Perdomo 20th Anniversary sun grown

Will be paired with water and some Woodford Reserve Bourbon in the second half of the stick.

Vote early and often !!

Comments

• Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tat.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't had the Tat, do that or AB black market is solid as well...
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Ab BM if it were to warm up a little i would smoke one with ya, but it is 20 degrees here.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    id say the tat havent had one yet would like to see what you think of ti
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Black Market
  • Options
    rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    Tat
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • Options
    So far the Tat is winning....... since these are all new to me I cant lose. The Black Market has come close to winning a few times but until it does it just keeps aging in the humidor. Been in there about 6 or 7 months so far.

Voting closes in about an hour so....... keep voting !! THANKS !
  • Options
    I'd go for the Tat...the Black Market really isn't that good...most everyone I've talked to (in person) dislikes the blend.
  • Options
    tat!
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Black market rules
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Black market rules
    +1BM
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    AB Black Market was coming up from behind but Tat wins...... off to do my duty. Thanks to all for voting!

Look for my mini review in a few hours.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Late to the party, but I would have gone with a Tat. too.
  • Options
    Tatuaje Nicaraguan, Maduro 7th Reserva -

This stick was not in cellophane and the wrapper looked great. Well made stick. Prelight lick and draw found a tiny hole in the cap with a nice surprise. Wonderful flavors. Xikar Xi2 cut and prelight draw revealed more of that nice cocoa flavor.

Lit with a soft flame after a nice toasting. Great first puffs. First third a wonderful leather and cocoa flavor with copious amounts of smoke. Excellent burn. Razor sharp. The day is sunny and 75 with a slight breeze, about as good as it gets. I paired this with ice water and a little Woodford Reserve bourbon. Nice.

Second third developed additional woodsy earthy flavors with a great balance. Loving this stick so far. I don't hit the bourbon until the middle or last third. Keeps my limited flavor tasting ability open.

The last third continued this great experience. This is one of the best smokes I can remember (but then again I am pretty old). Smoked this one down to the nub and wanted more.

(Thanks to Daniel for the stogie stand) Not sure who gifted this stick but I owe you one big time. Was either Rain or one of the Seattle Herfsmen.

WOW this was a great afternoon. Wonderful weather and superb stick. I highly recommend you try this one. My simple rating is 5 out of 5. This is all that was left......and the bourbon went very well with this one.

My thanks to all for a great pick today.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great review, so jealous it's nice and warm there and u get to enjoy a great cigar and even better whiskey, picture looks amazing to me. I can almost taste it.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have those exact glasses, :)

I have some sort of Tat Reserva, I will have to double check which one it is. The one you had sounds great!! I wish it wasn't 17 degrees outside right now... This weekend may be an indoor cigar-party for me.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America