Hacker's Corner FORE!!!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    MVW67:
    Bumpity:-)
    You act like spring is around the corner.
    Best be getting that putter kit out and start practicing. LOL!
    actually was putting Weds evening with it in basement :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Oh wait.. Here it is. They have indoor driving ranges by me. Place is always packed, Did I mention it is also a bar ?
    see there is a new one in Rockford...hope it has a bar...lol
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Gonna go shoot a round tomorrow. I suck, but it's a great excuse to fire up a Padron 1964 "A". Plus it's suppose to be seventy and overcast, perfect golf weather.
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    I played 9 for the first time today in 2 months. i was 4 under through 7 and bogeyed. Its the easiest par 5 on the course and then finished with a 32. Par was 35. My favorite clubs are sandwedge, 8 iron, and putter.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I have played a total of one game of golf in my life, at Butterfield in El Paso. I rented a set of clubs to play that one. I did enjoy it greatly, so I ordered a set of Adams Tight Lies that are currently at the house waiting on me. Can't wait till I get back so I can try them out.
  • Options
    EoLEoL Posts: 182
    Got excited cu I thought you meant ethical hacking
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    I have played a total of one game of golf in my life, at Butterfield in El Paso. I rented a set of clubs to play that one. I did enjoy it greatly, so I ordered a set of Adams Tight Lies that are currently at the house waiting on me. Can't wait till I get back so I can try them out.
    And I just know that the next time you're here in El Paso... I'll know about it...
  • Options
    EoL:
    I did too at first and thought, "maybe i can teach some people about cain and abel, sql injections, or zombies"
  • Options
    EoLEoL Posts: 182
    Thanatos0320:
    EoL:
    I did too at first and thought, "maybe i can teach some people about cain and abel, sql injections, or zombies"
    hahahah xD
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    alienmisprint:
    And I just know that the next time you're here in El Paso... I'll know about it...

No doubt, lol, I will definitely let you know.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Woohoo! Charity 4 man scramble today. 3 of our 4 carry a 1 handicap or lower. This should be fun. I hope I don't drink too much beer because I'm the first teetime in an individual strokeplay tomorrow morning...
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    Woohoo! Charity 4 man scramble today. 3 of our 4 carry a 1 handicap or lower. This should be fun. I hope I don't drink too much beer because I'm the first teetime in an individual strokeplay tomorrow morning...

Little "swing oil" never hurts Gordon. Good Luck
  • Options
    Played in the New Mexico/West Texas Fourball this past weekend. My partner and I shot 70, 74, 70 and took 8th place in the President's flight. They paid 8 spots in that flight so now we can say we've cashed in a statewide event. Also my partner had an albatross on the third hole of the tournament. He slam dunked a hybrid from 220 out on a par 5!

SCAGA always gets some good pictures throughout the tournament...
    First tee day 1, no wonder my back hurts!
    In the heat of battle, FORE RIGHT!
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like yall had fun. Congrats man.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Damnnn nice. An albatross is harder to get than a hole in 1 in my opinion.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanatos0320:
    Damnnn nice. An albatross is harder to get than a hole in 1 in my opinion.
    Definitely. Not even close, I'd be willing to bet. Our local courses put aces and albatrosses in the newspaper's sports section (small town, don't laugh) and I rarely see a double eagle.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going out for the first time this year today. Wish me luck. This should be interesting.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Just finished 9 holes this morning warming up for a small scramble later today. Shot 1 under with 2 bogeys
    matkn293:
    Going out for the first time this year today. Wish me luck. This should be interesting.
    Hopefully it'll be one of those times where it's like you never stopped golfing.
  • Options
    Headed to Albuquerque tomorrow afternoon for a practice round. Going to play in the New Mexico/West Texas Amateur Friday, Saturday, and Sunday if I make the cut. Wish me luck. I threw my hat in the ring with the big dogs. All I want to do is make the cut, which is the top 40... out of 60 haha.
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Sounds exciting. Swing well, my friend.
  • Options
    Top 40 and ties make the cut and I'm t41 after day one. One stroke off the cut so if I can put a decent round together today I think I'll accomplish my goal. Some friggin' college kid shot 64 yesterday and has a 6 stroke lead on the next closest player. Damn kids haha.
  • Options
    Finally, after about 3 years of hard work, my handicap hit 0.0 today. One of my goals has been to get to scratch. Now, I have to keep working to keep it there for the rest of the year. No rest for the wicked so they say.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Gordon. I have a long way to go. Was planning on getting out for the first time tomorrow, but 2 inches of snow last night put a damper on that
  • Options
    Headed to Albuquerque today to play a practice round for a qualifier for the USGA Mid-Amateur tomorrow. Top 2 get invited to Florida in October for the national tournament. I'm going to have to have a "career" day to make it, but it should be fun. I'm pumped! I'll give a damage report when I get back haha
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck sir!  I was in Branson last week for a golf trip. Played a 9 hole par 3 one night. Got my first real backspin and of course it rolled off the green. I was still excited. Then played 36 the next day. Started with a wicked slice on the drive and a 105. Played the second 18 and banked a 90. Straightening the drive out helped. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome @pelirrojo , very cool opportunity.  Best of luck!

Shot a 62 last time I played......on the front 9.....oomph

Need to make a trip (or 5) to the driving range and work on my swing.
    Couldn't hit my driver, 3 wood, or hybrid irons to save my life.  Anything from 200+ out was just horrendous.
    Did "relatively" well with my mid & short irons and putting though. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been quasi unemployed for the last few weeks so I've been playing 36 holes about 2-3 times a week. Somehow I've ruined my driver shot, used to be my best shot up the middle of the fairway every time, now I'm lucky if I don't lose it. The rest of my game has stepped up. My goal is to consistently come in under 100. I've been hovering around 101-103 though. Maybe tomorrow my driver will come back to me and not having penalty strokes will get me there!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In High School and just out of it I was around a scratch golfer.  Now I am High 30's to low 40's for 9 holes. I also do not get to play everyday anymore.  If I get one 2-3 times a month I am doing well.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    http://ghintpp.com/scaga/TPPOnlineScoring/ResultsStroke.aspx?id=276

Whew that was a tough day. Those guys are good. T'was fun though.