Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Diesel Wicked?

Has anyone tried the wicked yet? Secondly, what did you think of it? Is it worth trying?

Comments

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I personally have not tried it but if your a diesel fan why not?! I know a good amount of people still like them on here but IMO you can probably do better. But that's just me plus almost all of Aj's stuff need rest IMO so if you do get some buy a good amount and don't smoke them for a while
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Rammer13:
    Has anyone tried the wicked yet? Secondly, what did you think of it? Is it worth trying?
    Use the search function, there have been reviews posted.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoked the Wicked last night. Rich, rich, and did I say, rich. Full flavor & full bodied, started out tasting like pumpernickel & Asbach, got pepperier (if that's a word) as it went. Got a little ahead of myself near the end, very potent smoke.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I liked it but I wasn't blown away. I'm glad I got to try it, love the band and presentation but won't be rushing out to buy a box.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    I got a box and love them. There's a point right around the halfway mark where the light black pepper morphs into spicy red pepper.

Still haven't smoked the 14th (Stealth) cigar though.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I had one added to an order I made back in January. I'm saving it for Cigarfest.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Diesel? Wicked? This has to be one badass spice bomb. I'm scared just thinking about it.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Diesel? Wicked? This has to be one badass spice bomb. I'm scared just thinking about it.
    You'd think so, but no. Actually, I'd call it pretty medium bodied.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of these days I'll be giving it a try.I don't believe there's such a thing as a bad Diesel.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Tried one last evening. Let me say it is a complex smoke. Cant put my finger on in it but something just didn't fit my taste profile. Liked the wrapper and the earthy taste. A hint of pepper once she got started. Those first two or three puffs after lighting were a task to get by in my opinion. Lets just say be sure to have a refreshing palette cleaning drink with you with this smoke. I did enjoy the hints of oak and the slight hit of mahogany after each puff. Some hints of aged leather.
         Is it something to smoke everyday ? No. More likely to be enjoyed when you have a refreshment and some time as it took me around an hour plus to finish.
     Would I recommend it. Sure. At least try it.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Was thinking about picking up the Expert Picks Flavorable Figurados. Pretty good deal if you just wanted to try one.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I smoked one a week or so ago. It started out rather complex and full-flavored. Super heavy on black pepper and leather with some earthy undertones. After the halfway point it just died out. No flavor whatsoever. Granted, it had about 6 months in the humidor, so maybe aging isn't the best idea for them. I plan to pick up some more and try them ROTT. Sadly, I felt kind of let down with the one I had.