Home General Discussion
Options

Prayer

I ask all of you to put my family and I in your prayers as we just found out today that we were robbed of $1600. This may not seem like much to some but it is too us as my father is a preacher and my mom works two jobs so we can pay the bills. We were in the middle of remodeling the kitchen (we had been saving for a while) and found someone to replace our countertops with granite. Turns out he was an ex-con and has ran off with ours and about 8 others money. Please put us in the other families from which he stole in your thoughts and prayers. Also me and my father are going on a mission trip for two weeks tomorrow and it will be very hard on my mother to be alone at this time. Thank you very much.

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    damn, I hop you have filed charges and such. I feel for you on this. I know two people who had this sort of thing happen, it's a really good market for these leeches.
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    That sucks. $1600 is alot of money for anyone that lives in the real world.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Thanks guys i appreciate it. Well we filed a report with the police but the guy is no where to be found. I almost hope i catch up to him before the police do if you catch my drift ;)
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    man, that sucks. lord I ask that you would replace the money lost by alex's family, I also ask that you bring the theif to a place of repentance. also, please protect alex and his father on the trip they are taking, please keep them in good health, and give them supernatural encounters with people allowing them to influence their lives with the gospel. and please give his mother a sense of security with your presence.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I am truly sorry for this... I have already prayed for your family and for your comfort...
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I moved to Mississippi to build cabinets after hurricane Katrina, and someone broke into my shop and took everything ($21,000+ in tools). I know exactly how you feel, it really sucks when people think they have a right to take something that does not belong to them, thinking they have a right to it. Praying for the people that robbed me is the only thing that kept me sane.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    I ask all of you to put my family and I in your prayers as we just found out today that we were robbed of $1600. This may not seem like much to some but it is too us as my father is a preacher and my mom works two jobs so we can pay the bills. We were in the middle of remodeling the kitchen (we had been saving for a while) and found someone to replace our countertops with granite. Turns out he was an ex-con and has ran off with ours and about 8 others money. Please put us in the other families from which he stole in your thoughts and prayers. Also me and my father are going on a mission trip for two weeks tomorrow and it will be very hard on my mother to be alone at this time. Thank you very much.
    Not that it'll make you feel any better, but I recently suffered a similar loss... My pride and joy... My Suzuki GSX-R 1000 was stolen out of my garage... Unmodified it was worth about $7500 and with all the work I had done to it (used it as a track bike as well as street) that figure jumps to about $13k.

It's odd... Despite my insistance on buying my home of installing a rather extensive security system with all the bells and whistles including motion activated cameras that automatically send the footage out via the internet to an off-site machine, for some COMPLETELY unknown reason I had a total brain-fart when installing it and NEVER included the detached garage... I had absolutely nothing for security out there...

The bastards came in the middle of the night and somehow must have "carried" the bike out of the garage and loaded it up into a truck without anyone having heard/seen anything... The steering was locked, no key was taken, and the bike didn't even have a battery in it (was still winterized). Meanwhile they left a HUGE craftsman standing toolbox full of tools, lots of things that could have easy been sold for quick cash... dewalt cordless power tools, portable air compressor, power washers, bike parts, etc... The ONLY thing they took was the bike so it's obvious that's what they came for...

We learn from our mistakes though... I know have full security in the garage including door/window sensors, motion sensors, and cameras... Though I won't need the cameras... The next *** that get's in the garage and sets off the sensors is gonna receive my special door prize... Several 5.56mm NATO rounds... ;)
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    Thanks guys i appreciate it. Well we filed a report with the police but the guy is no where to be found. I almost hope i catch up to him before the police do if you catch my drift ;)
    I certainly hope the cops around there are better than around here... The Delaware State Police are the most ridiculous bunch of buffoons I've ever encounted... After reporting my theft there were SEVERAL items that had been moved to make room for the bike... I KNOW they could have been printed... For example two chairs were moved... Heavy chairs that would have required two full grip hands to lift... They are made of wood, but they are heavily coated in a nice glossy smooth polyurethane coating. I KNOW prints could have easily been lifted, but the cops wouldn't even try, insisting that they were too "Textured" to produce any prints. Same with all the other stuff... A cooler with smooth plastic handles... A couple of plastic "tables" that had nice smooth edges... All of it was too "Textured" for prints... Bullcrap...

2 days after the incident I found out the firehouse right across the street has cameras all over it and at least one points directly at my house and certainly caught footage of the thief... I notified the police and they said the would check... I called about every 4 days for the next month and a half and EVERY time was a different excuse WHY they hadn't checked on the video yet... It dragged on and on but I didn't want to try to get the footage myself in case it would make it unusable in court or somethiing... After literally a month and a half of calling to try to get them to handle it I got fed up and contacted the firehouse on my own... Yes they had security cameras, Yes one of them points at my house and yet another points at the road they would have used after leaving the house... But... Ready for this??? They only keep their footage for 30 days... The footage from that night had been long since deleted!!! Once again due to the negligance of the DSP.

Last but not least was a notebook PC... I had been changing the settings on the PowerCommander (fuel/air mixture computer) and had left it set there beside the bike... They also grabbed it... It was open and on.. They closed it, removed the power cord from the wall, packed everything back in the bag and made off with it as well...

How do I know this? Because the laptop was recovered about 1/2 mile down the road laying in the middle of the road. They apparently threw it in the back of the truck with the bike and it must have bounced out... It was found at 6am the morning following the robbery. I turned this over to the DSP because they wanted to "process" it for prints and see if they could find anything.

Each time I called to check about the video footage I also asked about the laptop... Each time I was told that he (the cop) was going to speak to the guy processing it and find out when I could get it back. The screen was damaged (had apparently been run over or just the damage from falling out) but I wanted my data off the drive which was still good. Just like the video each phone call was another round of excuses about WHY he didn't have any information about it yet.

Two months after they collected the laptop for "processing" the trooper let me know I could go by the station to pick it up any time. I did...

When I got it back I was struck by the lack of any fingerprint dust on it. Anyone who has ever experienced this stuff knows that it's REALLY nasty stuff... It does NOT come off of anything easily and get's EVERYWHERE... I figured the laptop would be covered in it... Yet I couldn't find any sign of it... I figured they must have wiped it down pretty good afterwards... That's when I noticed all the regular dust coating the screen, keyboard, outside, etc... Finally it dawned on me... The damn thing had never even been out of it's case!!! They didn't TOUCH it... There was no processing, they hadn't done anything but sit it on their "evidence shelf" for 2 months!!!

Bottom line? I lost a HUGE amount of respect for the delware state police... I now consider them not much better than the pond scum that stole my bike... Hell, considering the obvious lack of doing ANYTHING to try to investigate the case I have to ask myself if one of them didn't have something to do with the robbery itself. I know that's a huge accusation, but what else could explain it?

Bottom line? I used to respect those who protect and serve... I used to admire them... Hell there were times I had even considered becoming one...

Now? Now I don't think twice about flipping the bird to any of them I see...
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Thats a damn shame ...