Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

My new favorite affordable cigars

I bought the Obsidian sampler a few months ago and im Obsessed with them now...im a fan of maduros and have an expensive taste when it comes to cigars which is why im surprised how good they are...my mouth literally waters thinking about...I cant wait till my my new box of mini coronas get here...as for spice and pepper, I did not taste any of that...the wrapper is so oilly i get excited. My saliva actually beads on the end of it (long sigh). I do enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning with one, but thats just me..

Comments

• Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Its great when you find a cigar that you not only love, but its ultra-affordable at 60 to 80 bucks a box of 20. If you like those, and are a fan of maduros in general, I would also recommend trying the Diesel Unholy Cocktail. $99 for a box of 30, and after a year or two of age they are unbelievable. The aroma kills me, I love Nicaraguan tobacco though.
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    Try the CAO MX2's Toros. Trust me, with 6-8months of aging they are DELICIOUS! :D
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaterDemon:
    Try the CAO MX2's Toros. Trust me, with 6-8months of aging they are DELICIOUS! :D

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I love the padron londres maddys and for the price IMO it's impossable too beat!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    biodarwinbiodarwin Posts: 265 ✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I love the padron londres maddys and for the price IMO it's impossable too beat!!

I just finished one about 10 minutes ago :)
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    +1 any of the X000s series... Damn I want to smoke!!!
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of the Obsidians too. I always try to keep the mini-coronas stocked.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my first box was obdisian belicosos. love them with a cup of coffee.one of my go to for sure.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    I have yet to try an obsidian. And I don't have the money to get any! Save me! lol. No but seriously another good relatively cheap one is the Brickhouse Maduro. Around 6 bucks a stick for a 6x60.
  • Options
    Have gone through MANY an Obsidian sampler from CCOM... Very nice stick for the price
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Jasonc1982:
    I have yet to try an obsidian. And I don't have the money to get any! Save me! lol. No but seriously another good relatively cheap one is the Brickhouse Maduro. Around 6 bucks a stick for a 6x60.
    If you wanna try the Obsidian just shoot me a PM. I have most of a box left that has prob a year on it...
  • Options
    Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Carlos Torano's Dominico. A hand rolled dominican that can be found for under $3 a stick. And cheaper than that when you catch them on sale. Fantastic cigars that I can take anywhere. Nice and mild so they're great for smoking when you're not looking for a challenge.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    I'd definitely throw the Bueso's in here as well. Too bad they don't have a smaller ring gauge!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    I'd definitely throw the Bueso's in here as well. Too bad they don't have a smaller ring gauge!
    +1 --- I'd eat RB coronas all day if they existed

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    im a huge fan of the punch london club maduros ($50 for a box of 25!), it kinda suprises me that noone else here seems to smoke them.
  • Options
    Love the Punch, but I'm on my second box of Obsidian coronas
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    WaterDemon:
    The CAO gold maduros are really good too!
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    jgibv:
    mmccartneydc:
    +1 --- I'd eat RB coronas all day if they existed
    +++++++++++++++ What they said!!

These two affordable cigars are pretty good too (just discovered them) :

AB American Classic and AB American Sun Grown. Both pretty good for the money.

• Options
    taythegibs:
    im a huge fan of the punch london club maduros ($50 for a box of 25!), it kinda suprises me that noone else here seems to smoke them.

Hmmm, OK I'm intrigued. What are they like / what would you compare them to?
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Heavy:
    taythegibs:

They are a medium-full, the pre-draw has hints of coco. Its a somewhat spicy, leathery smoke with a good bit of earthiness but what really stands out to me is the taste that I can only describe as yellow raisins that usually comes in on the second third and on. The wrapper is uniform with small veins and ive never had an issue with construction.
  • Options
    taythegibs:
    Heavy:
    taythegibs:

They are a medium-full, the pre-draw has hints of coco. Its a somewhat spicy, leathery smoke with a good bit of earthiness but what really stands out to me is the taste that I can only describe as yellow raisins that usually comes in on the second third and on. The wrapper is uniform with small veins and ive never had an issue with construction.
    Great description - thanks man! I'll have to throw a few of these in with my next order. The first part of your description actually sounds like the Obsidian with the exception of the raisin flavor - sounds good to me.
  • Options
    Bump for Obsidians on the Daily Deal today. $24.95 for 10 mini coronas.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    taythegibs:
    Heavy:
    taythegibs:

Great description - thanks man! I'll have to throw a few of these in with my next order. The first part of your description actually sounds like the Obsidian with the exception of the raisin flavor - sounds good to me.
    Sounds right yummy

Not finding them using c.com search tool.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Heavy:
    taythegibs:
    Heavy:
    taythegibs:

Sounds right yummy

Not finding them using c.com search tool.

No need to search. Go to the list of brands and look under Punch. "London Club" is the name they give a vitola of 5x40.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Tatuaje Series P
    My Father - Baez
  • Options
    bripperbripper Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Nica Libre Potencia torpedo & belicoso were in my regular rotation. Now am loving the double robustos. Smoke one every day.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried the 1944's? It's one if my favorite go to smokes when I can't make up my mind what I want.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    bripper:
    Nica Libre Potencia torpedo & belicoso were in my regular rotation. Now am loving the double robustos. Smoke one every day.

I still need to get around to trying the Potencia's. I've heard from several well respected brothers near my hometown that they truly believe these to be Oliva Serie V's, just a leaf or two in the blend switched for lower primings of the same, or seconds or rejects of some type of the Serie V. Haven't smoked any so I can't compare, but its pretty clear the sizes match up to the Serie V, coinkydink?
  • Options
    NectarCigarNectarCigar Posts: 171
    Always liked most of the PDR lineup and the Gran Habano 2002s are pretty nice for the $.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    blurr:
    bripper:

I still need to get around to trying the Potencia's. I've heard from several well respected brothers near my hometown that they truly believe these to be Oliva Serie V's, just a leaf or two in the blend switched for lower primings of the same, or seconds or rejects of some type of the Serie V. Haven't smoked any so I can't compare, but its pretty clear the sizes match up to the Serie V, coinkydink?
    they would be right...it's very close but for the money ill take the v since the price is almost identical
    Money can't buy taste