Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

My trip with my father in law

Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
So myself crippled and very bored was asked to take a ride yesterday by my father in law, he doesn't tell me where we r going, just grab some good cigars and lets go. So on the way through KY we start out the trip with a Hoya De Monterrey iso very good smoke with lots of oak and some earth tones. After that we get into West Virginia and we fire up some AF Hemingway Work of Art, I think this smoke is one of the best I have ever had lots of leather and what tasted like vanilla. So when we reach our destination which was Beckley WV I see we are at a gun store and he tells me he bought a Ruger AR -15 it was awesome with a thousand rounds. So on our way back we smoke a Gurkha Holy Grail, which I thought was just average, but he loved it , then we stop for a steak and a beer at longhorn, after stuffing our faces and drinking some Boston Lager, we jump in the the truck and fire up some Opus X Lost City Toro and wow leather and pepper spice throughout. What a nice trip I needed before surgery. Now that's a great day

Comments

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good times Ray, glad you got to get out for a bit!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    While some may disagree, father in laws aren't always ass'. Mine was pretty great.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds awesome!! Just make sure you don't end up on the other end of the ruger lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounded like a great time. Thanks for sharing Ray Ray all day.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's wsup Ray. Sounds like y'all had a great time.
  • Options
    jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    wow wish all in laws were like that.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, yeah he is pretty great guy, he takes care of a lot of things I just don't know how to.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    did he fix your roof.

i'm sorry...I had to. you left the door wide open.
    sounds like a good time anyway.
  • Options
    Lol, no someone younger got up there and finished it.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    good luck with the surgery Ray.
  • Options
    Thanks bro.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like you had an awesome day.my father in law also helped me alot when the wife and i first got married and when we bought our first house.hes still th eguy i call when im not sure about something.now if could just get him to start herfing...lol..really glad you had time to get out before your surgery.wishing you a great recovery brother.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    Sounds like a great trip. Only thing missing was a stop off at the range to get his ammo inventory down!
  • Options
    T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    WhoDeyGal:
    Sounds like a great trip. Only thing missing was a stop off at the range to get his ammo inventory down!
    ^ That was me. I need to remember to check and see which one of us is logged in before I just start posting.
  • Options
    ThreadJacker3000ThreadJacker3000 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    T.J. Armstrong:
    WhoDeyGal:
    ^ That was me. I need to remember to check and see which one of us is logged in before I just start posting.
    Yeah, I have to remember that too. Anyways ...
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Lets see, multiple great cigars, ride through the countryside, guns & ammo, steak, and beer. Yep that is a pretty good day. Good luck on getting the busted leg fixed
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome trip brother. When you went thru Huntington WV you were only 10 minutes from my house.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, we stopped and ate in Barboursville. My wife went to WVU and WV tech. We go down that way all the time.