Home Non Cigar Related

The weather is so bad.....

How bad is it?
The school busses have not been running for three days......
All roads out of the city are CLOSED!....
They shut down the college and university.......
The police are not patrolling, just parked in case they are needed......
The heavy rain warning got replaced by the freezing rain warning......
The weather network says that the freezing rain warning will be replaced with a heavy snowfall warning later today........
The traffic lights are starting to fail......
The mayor just went on the air and stated "you don't have to worry about the zombie apocalipse...they can't walk very good on dry ground, how the heck are they going to walk at all in this weather?"

It's been a crappy week here for the weather. I hope that you all are safe and dry.

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's that?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Northern Ontario, Canada. They opened the roads a little while ago and we are getting a small break from the storm. I'm sure the worst is yet to come. Still freezing rain warning in effect and close to a foot of snow in the forcast, less if we're lucky.

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Where's that?
    +1
    Sounds rough brother.

Hopefully you still have all utilities though and some extra food on hand since it sounds like a trip to the supermarket is out of the question at this point (unless you have a sled-dog team).

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    +1
    Sounds rough brother.

Hopefully you still have all utilities though and some extra food on hand since it sounds like a trip to the supermarket is out of the question at this point (unless you have a sled-dog team).
    Funny thing, my GrandFather used to race sled dogs and my Mom grew up taking the dog-sled to school...I speak the truth. Utilities are still running, but the freezing rain has started again. Plenty of food and bottled water, always. Nice part is, the food in our freezer wouldn't spoil, just put it outside and dig it out later, lol.

Our big concern is the pets. The dog is part husky, so she won't care, but her little friends (2 green cheek conures) won't survive the cold.

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Thats too bad, it was sunny and 86* here today. I think it was 82* yesterday but who's keeping track?
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your dog is awesome. Sorry about the weather.. I'm in N. Eastern Wa and all I can say is..it's a PIA.. Could be because I grew up in So. Cal though. Spring is coming..Spring is coming!!!
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    On the flipside, unless you were kidding, your mayor sounds awesome.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice dog; funny picture, how the dog and the birds just sit there together with no "ruffled feathers."

The dog reminds me of my old dog. We called her a Gerstralian Shepsky, because she was mixed between a German Shepherd, an Australian Shepherd, and a Husky. We had to put her down a couple of years ago, and I haven't brought myself to getting another dog yet.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    California is very warm right now. That is how i avoided it, came to San Fran for a few days. Funny part is they flew me from Buffalo to JFK, lots of weather delays in New York, so we missed the connection so instead they sent us to to Austin, Texas, where it was 70 @ 1 am. Didnt get a chance to swim in the pool before we finished the trek to San Fran @ 8 am, but it sure was tempting! Hope it warms by the time I have to fly back on Saturday night! Good thing is spring melt for sure will be coming within a few months!
    We survived the bad weather. Now it's just real COLD, and pretty darn icy, windy...did I mention COLD! Anyway, we never lost hydro so all is good. There were still a lot of cars in the snowbanks on the drive to college. They cancelled school busses again today. We are used to the cold and the snow, but this shutdown of the city (they even closed the mall :| ) was just a little strange for our neck of the woods. I'm glad they went with caution rather than keeping everything open and risking lives.

As for the dog and birds, they get along real swell. Both birds are trained to ride the dog's back in the summer on our outside walks. The people at the bank and corner store love to see the birds, and the dog carries the mail home after our visit to the little downtown area.

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    it is going to be single digits tonight.

On Monday it was 65, on Tuesday at 4PM it was 71 degrees.......by Wednesday at 6 it was below 25.

God Love St. Louis weather. I would almost rather have the crazy cold and tons of snow than stupid temp swings like that.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Yesterday was 65 degrees and pouring. Today was 20 degrees and snowing. It's almost February though..
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    -20 F
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Its been kinda warm here, but the other day it got so cold all the gang members were walking around with their pants pulled up.