Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Half Time Show

VisionVision Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just seeing what everyone thinks/thought? If she were nude then I might enjoy this swill. Her singing is terrible...... wow this is right up with Black Eyed Peas and The Who for being the worst.

Comments

• Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    +1000. Absolutely horrible.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Bad
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Typical pop culture dribble
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Her outfits, which I do like, are a requirement to distract the viewers for the lack of talent. They should have let Alicia Keys stick around to do halftime.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    It was bad but she does have talent and can sing. She just can't perform live well at all.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LAME!! Complete with "fans" running to the stage!! It's all multimedia schlock with glitz and more glitz.. I guess One Direction couldn't make it.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get how come music requires calisthenics.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    you sound like a bunch of Retirement Home old guys **** about how those damn kids got on your lawn.

I thought it was a great show.....but then again I am still decently young.
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    you sound like a bunch of Retirement Home old guys **** about how those damn kids got on your lawn.

You kids and your 'hare-brained' music. Back when I was young, we had bands that played REAL music. None of today's fakers can even hold a candle to genius groups like The Carpenters, KC and the Sunshine Band, The Archies, The Osmonds, the Captain and Tenille, The Knack, Helen Reddy, and the immortal DeFranco Family. :)
  • Options
    Oh to heck with all that crap. Let's get back to the game. All I need is five minutes to drain the tank and complain about the refs, and I'm ready for some football again. No one I know stocks up on beer, fires up the hearth, crock pots hot wings, et al, to watch half time shows.

Rather watch the Puppy Bowl.

Like now I wish Arena Football was in season.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost:
    Oh to heck with all that crap. Let's get back to the game. All I need is five minutes to drain the tank and complain about the refs, and I'm ready for some football again. No one I know stocks up on beer, fires up the hearth, crock pots hot wings, et al, to watch half time shows.

complain about the refs all you want.....but the refs shouldn't be bailing you out of a bad play call and a bad route by your WR. Every single national WR that is a talking head is talking about the poor route that was run and how he stopped and hesitated and allowed the contact then continued it like he was waiting for the back shoulder rather than the fade to the pylon.

Bad play call = they were averaging over 8 yards per play out of the pistol formation. It was killing the ravens. They didn't run a single play from the pistol inside of the redzone on that set of downs. It made no sense. Since Kap was put in their redzone efficiency was killer because of that formation and the things he can do out of it. The only time they started to run a play out of it was the Time out and Jimmy wouldn't have called the time out they were walking in the endzone.

Jimmy Harbaugh just choked at the end. Plain and simple.
  • Options
    raisindot:
    brianetz1:

You kids and your 'hare-brained' music. Back when I was young, we had bands that played REAL music. None of today's fakers can even hold a candle to genius groups like The Carpenters, KC and the Sunshine Band, The Archies, The Osmonds, the Captain and Tenille, The Knack, Helen Reddy, and the immortal DeFranco Family. :)
    +1 Lol I hated all of them as well!!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    webmost:

complain about the refs all you want.....but the refs shouldn't be bailing you out of a bad play call and a bad route by your WR. Every single national WR that is a talking head is talking about the poor route that was run and how he stopped and hesitated and allowed the contact then continued it like he was waiting for the back shoulder rather than the fade to the pylon.

Bad play call = they were averaging over 8 yards per play out of the pistol formation. It was killing the ravens. They didn't run a single play from the pistol inside of the redzone on that set of downs. It made no sense. Since Kap was put in their redzone efficiency was killer because of that formation and the things he can do out of it. The only time they started to run a play out of it was the Time out and Jimmy wouldn't have called the time out they were walking in the endzone.

Jimmy Harbaugh just choked at the end. Plain and simple.
    I guess you didnt see the blatant hold by the ravens on the Jacoby Jones kickoff return, The officiating was horrible, Not only was the officiating an embarrasment but what about the stadium losing power,, Thats not an old stadium like candlestick. The halftime show sucked as well the whole day was just wierd.,,Congratulations Ravens
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:

GO SHARKS just had to say it .cant wait ether just a couple weeks to go..
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    lol! You guys are funny! I tell you what, I'm not a big fan of Beyonce, and I don't care to defend her talents or whatever but one thing I know for absolute certain is that I wouldn't want to watch any of you farts putting on the halftime show. :-) That is unless one of you is Robert Plant or Jimmy Page in disguise.
  • Options
    webmost:
    I don't get how come music requires calisthenics.

+1, haha
  • Options
    Roberto99:
    lol! You guys are funny! I tell you what, I'm not a big fan of Beyonce, and I don't care to defend her talents or whatever but one thing I know for absolute certain is that I wouldn't want to watch any of you farts putting on the halftime show. :-) That is unless one of you is Robert Plant or Jimmy Page in disguise.
    Yep...muted, it looked awesome!!
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    I thought those ladies were HOT. I really liked the half time show.
  • Options
    I was sixteen years a high school football official, and I can tell you these things with absolute rock clad certainty:

1) There is no better seat in the stadium from which to admire earnest young men giving it their all.

2) High school rules fit in a 25 page booklet, yet there are far far way too dang many rules to keep all the nuances of each rule straight and figure how one weighs on the other. The pros use a 500 page tome which grows by twenty pages of new tuck rules each year. Do the math.

3) On the field one's view of any specific action is too often obstructed by behemoth players, distracted by all the other actions you have to keep an eye on at the same time, and limited to one side of the action when the important view may be the other way round. You can't see a tenth of what you need to. And you can't keep up with these athletes.

4) The clarity with which one can diagnose exactly what happened in what order with what intent and import is equal to your rooting interest multiplied by your distance from the field raised to the power of your ignorance of the rules. That's why that frantic fan bellowing "HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THAT!" from the top bleacher farthest from the play can surely see better than the ref three feet away.

5) Announcers have zero clue.

6) Refs have zero rooting interest.

7) There is no schedule of flags. At least, if there ever was a schedule, they never handed me one. Therefore, there is exactly no such thing as a late flag. Much less a late whistle.

Now, all that said, still, I gotta admit, toward the beginning of the game, when the one guy got to punching the other one on the ground and the ref pulled him off and he shoved the ref --- I don't understand why he wasn't tossed right then and there to restore control. I think there are much better refs than the one appointed to this game for some PC reasons. Finally, if "let 'em play" works for the most important game of the season, then let's go ahead with that theory the rest of the games too.

I like cricket. Self regulated.

• Options
    totally agree with you on Williams getting kicked out.

i couldn't believe it when he didn't get kicked.

you should also add this one: 8) Slow motion replay and zoom lenses are a refs worst enemy. Refs eyes don't zoom nor do they slow the action down for them to be able to discern what TV cameras can several minutes after the call had to be made.

my son refs basketball and the stories he tells about 3rd grade parents are amazing.
  • Options
    webmost:
    Finally, if "let 'em play" works for the most important game of the season, then let's go ahead with that theory the rest of the games too.

I agree. That is one of the hardest things for me too. How can it be reffed one way all year, then when it gets to playoffs let 'em play becomes the way. I've seen it happen for years this way. I was asked if I thought that last big play was holding. Sure it was, defender totally had his left arm hooked on the wide receiver. I also said it didn't surprise me at all that it wasn't called. Not one bit. That's the way they ref it in the big games.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked it