Home General Discussion
Options

Don't mess with the owner of a cigar company....

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
So Alan from Ezra Zion and I have met a few times now, and each time I've always gifted him aged habanos and rare cigars to enjoy, as he emails me to herf when he is in town... So he shoots me a message the other day to meet up with him tonight as he just got back into the states from Esteli and had a little present for me.... Apparently these were just a bunch of stuff he "grabbed" from his humi... The big davidoff looking things are Roger Jacobi Costa Rican puro's which are very HTF and have an interesting history. The rest is well....completely ridiculous including a nice bottle of Chivas. We talked at large about their new blends, blends they are working on, spoke in length about Quesada, Plasencia, and Casa Fernandez whom they are working with. Great conversation regarding regions, flavors, and future trips. So yeah....this is some crazy stuff, and he's got more once the new blends are ready. I won't get into details, but their new blends and sizes are very exciting. I can't wait for IPCPR in Vegas. imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dog you.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Very nice! I am sure the review of some of those sticks will be interesting.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    This should be easy as I do not know any. Looks like you got smaked around a bit though.

Steve2010:
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!
    Agreed.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Lawsy Day!!!!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    haha, good to see you gettin' your a$$ handed to ya Dustin. LOL NICE!!!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Those davidoffs are about $20 each I think....Kuzi would know. Nice selection!! Although I'm more impressed with the person u were talking to and the topics. It is hard to find people where I live that know what Ligero is much less blendings.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    Those davidoffs are about $20 each I think....Kuzi would know. Nice selection!! Although I'm more impressed with the person u were talking to and the topics. It is hard to find people where I live that know what Ligero is much less blendings.
    the blending discussion was most enjoyable, specifically noting certain tobacoo regions and their flavors or influence on a blend. Got to see pics of Quesada's wall of tobacco drawers in the blending room, too cool. I'm excited to see what they can do with some of the more exotic tobaccos coming out of Nic, as I know their expectations on finish are top notch. They finished two new blends, the MLK and Eminence, and are working on 3-4 more. They should know more in 90 days as the prototype mazos will be ready.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    +1
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I needs to pick me up some of those Zulu.... I hear good things about them.
  • Options
    Vision:
    I needs to pick me up some of those Zulu.... I hear good things about them.
    ill let you know what I think here soon. He swore by the Roger Jacobi's, the big davidoff looking churchills. Tey are Costa Rican puro's, and try guy got sued by davidoff, go figure.... He owed a ton of money and skipped town, while his stash was impounded and made news because it was not stored properly by the tax man and lost lol. Alan bought a bunch back then before they disappeared for good.