Home Non Cigar Related

need some knife advice

twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
need some input.its time to replace my boot knife.ive had this one for 10 yrs.getting old just time to let it go.looking at some brands kinda narrowed down to gerber or a company called camillus.looking for about 3 inches qucik assist open with a clip image any input would be appreciated
no matter where you go, there you are.

Comments

• macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    I carry a Kershaw... not an assisted opener... but fine blade none the less. I used to carry Gerber, but when I broke one... the handle twisted apart. They replaced it with a cheap imitation knife. Been carrying a Kershaw ever since.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Both you have narrowed down to are nice .... I like the camillus
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I have a short SOG assisted opener with a clip and love it for a pocket knife. They have many sizes and styles, very sharp and durable. I'd highly recommend the SOG brand. Here's a pic of mine but they have many. Photobucket
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    x2 on sog knives, my daily carry for the past 3 years has been a sog assisted opener. I do have a kershaw that i got a killer deal on waiting on the sog to die so it can be carried though.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of kershaw,sog and spider co. All of them are great but I always have a kershaw on me
    Money can't buy taste
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Usually pack a Benchmade.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I'm a big fan of kershaw,sog and spider co. All of them are great but I always have a kershaw on me
    +1 on spyderco. awesome steel, great hand feel, razor sharpe, good traction, reverseable deep carry pocket clip, etc. I carry one every single day. no assist though. why I didnt suggest one eariler.

Kershaw makes the best assist knife out there IMO. Just hate when I loose one.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wnet the camillus.liked the look of it and really slim fits in my side pocket nicely.has tha assisted opening seems like a winner. photo IMG_0026_zps7651a7f2.jpg photo IMG_0025_zps9ea585de.jpg
    no matter where you go, there you are.