Home Non Cigar Related

This ex-cop has a grudge.

Looks like the LAPD has some splainin to do.

http://boywithgrenade.org/2013/02/07/christopher-dorners-manifesto/

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I got into a bit of hot water over the way I voiced my view on this.
    My entire thing is, so far the civilians that have been hurt or put in harms way as a result of this is because of the police.

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Looks like the LAPD has some splainin to do.

http://boywithgrenade.org/2013/02/07/christopher-dorners-manifesto/
    Interesting. Started as a believable whistle-blower piece and slowly went crazy (demanding his former Vice-Principal apologize to his mom? Giving advice to Tim Tebow?) Of course, just because you are crazy doesn't mean you are lying... but maybe next time just start a blog instead of murder rampage?
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Did Christopher Dorner get a raw deal from the LAPD? Maybe he did. So what. Lots of guys get a raw deal every day of the world, and often it's not deserved. Being able to cope with criticism, whether justified or not, and outright lies about you is a condition of being employed in Public Safety. Dorner didn't handle it well. Also, he worked in a highly regimented organization with a military structure. If you find yourself on the loosing end of a raw deal in that kind of organization, it is in your best interest to just accept it and try to transfer to another division, or to look at your options outside the organization.

That's not what he did. His ego demanded that he take revenge on a lot of people, and has compelled him to declare war on the LAPD. Now he's on an insane murderous rampage, and he must be stopped. Life is short, and his is going to be a lot shorter than most. I just hope they can stop him before he kills again.

The LAPD has nothing to explain. They have a dangerous killer to find.

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I read that and its quite disturbing,, He has definately "lost it" And he has no excuse for murder in an effort to clear his name.. However I do believe The LAPD is one of the most if not "the" most corrupt Police departments in the nation. Full of prejudice and a cespool of humanity with guns and a badge to back it up.. Wouldnt surprise me if the partners of the officers who were shot also claimed no duty to protect.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    My entire thing is, so far the civilians that have been hurt or put in harms way as a result of this is because of the police.

go figure. funny how there is a massive man hunt for this guy but if he had killed a home owner I doubt there would be such a huge deal about it. but cops being killed oh my, that's a different story. sure it really blows. thing is, he may be crazy but he's taking on the freaking police! how often does that happen? Either way, I hope he does get caught though but it's about time some police get some teeth in their legs. I guess it's harder to take down a guy who is trained vs a non violent protester.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    stephen_hannibal:

go figure. funny how there is a massive man hunt for this guy but if he had killed a home owner I doubt there would be such a huge deal about it. but cops being killed oh my, that's a different story. sure it really blows. thing is, he may be crazy but he's taking on the freaking police! how often does that happen? Either way, I hope he does get caught though but it's about time some police get some teeth in their legs. I guess it's harder to take down a guy who is trained vs a non violent protester.
    Really? Bout time them police got shot?
    jthanatos:
    phobicsquirrel:
    stephen_hannibal:

For all of you who are so quick to criticize the Police in this instance, I would suggest that maybe you ought to go take the test and pass the physical and put on the badge and carry the gun and abide by the rules and follow the orders and take the abuse because you can obviously do a much better job than those who are doing it now.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:

Were not the civilians connected to the retired police Captain? This guy has committed vendetta killing. He will not be captured alive.
    Dark Roast:
    stephen_hannibal:

This guy has committed vendetta killing. He will not be captured alive.
    I think you are absolutely right. He will be killed on sight, and he knows it. He's declared war on the LAPD. Personally, I hope he's captured alive and goes through a trial and is sentenced, but I don't think it will happen.
    Looks like they got him,, Waco style!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    yeahhh...that's what it sounds like.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    The Kid:
    I don't think so. My guess is that he started the fire himself, and then shot himself.

JDH:
    jgibv:
    The Kid:
    I don't think so. My guess is that he started the fire himself, and then shot himself.

Yea your probably right. Too bad the LAPD doesnt put that much effort into every homicide suspect.
    The Kid:
    JDH:
    jgibv:
    The Kid:

Yea your probably right. Too bad the LAPD doesnt put that much effort into every homicide suspect.
    If they did, the tax bill would be pretty steep.
    JDH:
    The Kid:
    JDH:
    jgibv:
    The Kid:

If they did, the tax bill would be pretty steep.
    Yea your probably right
    JDH:
    jthanatos:
    phobicsquirrel:
    stephen_hannibal:

For all of you who are so quick to criticize the Police in this instance, I would suggest that maybe you ought to go take the test and pass the physical and put on the badge and carry the gun and abide by the rules and follow the orders and take the abuse because you can obviously do a much better job than those who are doing it now.
    I was in the army in combat so I don't need preached too about not knowing what they do or don't do. Simple fact is that the police (in general) seem to think they are special. So let me see, police can shoot un armed people (happened in oregon a few years ago, very public case), Injure, mace, kick, arrest at will (occupy protests for example) for non violent protected speech, racially profile (if you are not white you may know what I am talking about) and in this case right now shoot civilians ... But this guy is evil. So how does that make sense?

I have several family members and friends who are cops throughout the country and they do their job well as I'm sure others do too, however police have tarnished the institution with what other have done and keep doing all across this country. The most horrific crap they pulled was during the occupy protests. That right there should have fixed some things for the thug of a police state we are living in.

I don't think what this dude has done was right however I do think that possibly police as an institution need a wake up call and whether or not this will do it ( I doubt it). I personally am surprised things like this haven't happened more.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    I have been working all day and am still at office. All I have heard is they had him pinned down. Has it been confirmed it's him? Would not be surprised to find out that they have recovered someone else. I think this guy is smarter than your average bear.
    I thought that at first but who knows. I guess after the cops threw incendiary smoke grenades into the house it caught fire. The burned remains are going to be examined we will find out soon.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    phobicsquirrel:
    stephen_hannibal:

I guess everyone else is afraid to answer this question, but I'm certainly not! Yes! There's your answer. There are good cops, there are bad cops. Everyone knows this. There are people in just about every occupation that probably deserve death or at least a good beating. Placing "Officer" in front of their name doesn't change that.

I couldn't disagree more with some of the comments here about just walking away if you get a raw deal. I don't pretend to be a "b@d@ss" or anything like that. I'm not a vendictive person and I rarely hold a grudge. But if someone is purposefully conspiring against me and causes me to undeservedly lose my job, they can, at minimum, expect to get their @ss beat!

You're not just **** with someones workplace reputation. I take it a little more serious than that. You're messing with my ability to feed my family. You're messing with my ability to feed my children. You're messing with my ability to sustain shelter for the people I love most. You want to jeopardize these things over some petty work issues, be prepared for the consequences!

I don't know the whole story behind this particular news. I'm not here to justify his actions. But I will certainly say that there are circumstances that exist that could warrant these kinds of actions, and if those circumstances did actually exist, then I'm glad they got what was coming to them. If they didn't, well then I feel bad that they and their families got the raw deal! What really sucks about this whole thing is that at the end of the day, it's really all their families that got the real raw deal!
    clearlysuspect:
    jthanatos:
    phobicsquirrel:
    stephen_hannibal:

I guess everyone else is afraid to answer this question, but I'm certainly not! Yes! There's your answer. There are good cops, there are bad cops. Everyone knows this. There are people in just about every occupation that probably deserve death or at least a good beating. Placing "Officer" in front of their name doesn't change that.

I couldn't disagree more with some of the comments here about just walking away if you get a raw deal. I don't pretend to be a "b@d@ss" or anything like that. I'm not a vendictive person and I rarely hold a grudge. But if someone is purposefully conspiring against me and causes me to undeservedly lose my job, they can, at minimum, expect to get their @ss beat!

You're not just **** with someones workplace reputation. I take it a little more serious than that. You're messing with my ability to feed my family. You're messing with my ability to feed my children. You're messing with my ability to sustain shelter for the people I love most. You want to jeopardize these things over some petty work issues, be prepared for the consequences!

I don't know the whole story behind this particular news. I'm not here to justify his actions. But I will certainly say that there are circumstances that exist that could warrant these kinds of actions, and if those circumstances did actually exist, then I'm glad they got what was coming to them. If they didn't, well then I feel bad that they and their families got the raw deal! What really sucks about this whole thing is that at the end of the day, it's really all their families that got the real raw deal!
    If you ever find yourself in that position, my advice is to just leave, because protection in the workplace from that kind of behavior from persons in authority who abuse their authority is weak to say the least.

If you did take mattters into your own hands, expect to have Policemen and lawyers in your life.

• Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    clearlysuspect:
    jthanatos:
    phobicsquirrel:
    stephen_hannibal:

For sure, sometimes I feel the way you do. Vigilante justice. It's always been pretty hard for me to follow through though because our society does not reward vigilantes. Though some people certainly deserve it.