Home Cigar 101

Curious

There are times when i have to walk away from my puro while enjoying and on return i do this,I saved one of my clippers just for this,on the lighted end i clip off the ash then slightly blow out the gas fumes then re-lite,This method for me works very well,what do you think ? is this going to far ? To me enjoying a cigar is a personal thing so i do it my way...

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive always just lightly tapped off the ash and relit.I dont re-toast and I have never had a flavor issue. I asked the same question to myself years ago and googled the proper way to relight and that was the majority of what I found.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jet057:
    There are times when i have to walk away from my puro while enjoying and on return i do this,I saved one of my clippers just for this,on the lighted end i clip off the ash then slightly blow out the gas fumes then re-lite,This method for me works very well,what do you think ? is this going to far ? To me enjoying a cigar is a personal thing so i do it my way...
    Yep, that's what I'll do too if there's more than 1/2 of a stick left.
    I've tried Vision's method of relighting the ash, but IDK....I always seem to have burn issues if I don't cut it and "start fresh". But that could just be user error on my part

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    Ive always just lightly tapped off the ash and relit.I dont re-toast and I have never had a flavor issue. I asked the same question to myself years ago and googled the proper way to relight and that was the majority of what I found.
    This is pretty much what I do. If it won't light properly, or tastes funny... I just take it as a sign to try a new stick.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    tap the ash off the best you can, then light it up, but be sure to purge it a few times by blowing into it, gets some of that funky taste from the old ash out of there. I do this sometimes and it works well, other times not so much.