Home Non Cigar Related

Expecting our first

jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
Wife and I found out we are expecting. Excited. Terrified. Happy. Terrified. Need to find a house. Need a drink...

Comments

• JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Congratulations!

Kids are like a savings account. For the first years of their life, they give you so much good stuff that the supply seems to be never ending. So you take all that good stuff and you put it away for a rainy day. This will continue until they turn 13. By then, you will have a considerable storehouse of good stuff. From this point forward, it will begin to rain a lot, and you will be drawing on your pile of good stuff untill they turn 18, at which time there aint nuthin left to draw.

FYI - my daughter is expecting too. You'll be a pappa at about the same time I'll be a grand pappa.

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!! Congrats..yep mine are 23 and 19.. You guys are making me feel old! Enjoy the ride!
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best time of your life..... I quit drinking for 2.5 years.... took it back up at my sons baby shower.... true story.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    congrats!!!! kids are a blessing. even when they hit the teenage years they still bring so much to you. My son who is almost 16 even gets involved with my cigar obsession.....he loves the bands as much as i do.
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    congrats!!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations .. This is your first ? The best days of my life are all because of my children.
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    congrats. we just had our 3rd 6 weeks ago. they are the light of my life and im sure yours will be the same.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    JDH:
    Congratulations!

Kids are like a savings account. For the first years of their life, they give you so much good stuff that the supply seems to be never ending. So you take all that good stuff and you put it away for a rainy day. This will continue until they turn 13. By then, you will have a considerable storehouse of good stuff. From this point forward, it will begin to rain a lot, and you will be drawing on your pile of good stuff untill they turn 18, at which time there aint nuthin left to draw.

FYI - my daughter is expecting too. You'll be a pappa at about the same time I'll be a grand pappa.

+1
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! Got two, 10 and 9, and they are the best part of my life. Even the bad things aren't that bad when I really think about it.

Kids are what made me start drinking coffee. I drank it on occasion, but they made me start serious daily intake. So, even the loss of sleep brought me something I enjoy.

Now that I'm semi-unemployed and we homeschool our kids while interviewing/transitioning to new job(s), I need some recuperation, rest, and relaxation away from the kids since I spend so much time with them. So I smoke cigars.

See, the kids drive me to vice, but wow, do I enjoy my vices. I hope you enjoy your kids. Scratch that, you got this man; I know you'll love it.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Congrats. Now prepare to decorate your house with multi-colored plastic. I hope its' a girl.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Congrats and from a father of five, yes five... while they hurt your bank account frequently, they cheer you up and give you the warm fuzzies with a smile. The fuzzies win every time.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!!!!
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Get a high speed digital camera NOW if you don't already have one... you can capture the moments and blackmail them with embarrassment later. Seriously this is one of the new "must haves"... just my 2 cents
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CONGRATS!!
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    That is awesome...congrats! As per your mixed up emotions....yup, you will certainly have them all, but it is a very exciting new adventure. Just remember that there were be many great, exciting moments, and the odd-stressful time where you have no idea why you did this to your peaceful little lives..dont worry, both pass! You will be a great dad!
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    AWESOME. Congratulations to you and your wife. Being a dad is the BEST thing I have got to experience in this life, without any doubt.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Wow, congrats, this has been one crazy year for pregnancies. As some of you know, my wife and I are expecting our first (little girl) mid march and so is Brett the Irishman Hart!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to you and your wife!!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Congratulations.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    congrats!!!! kids are a blessing. even when they hit the teenage years they still bring so much to you. My son who is almost 16 even gets involved with my cigar obsession.....he loves the bands as much as i do.
    by the way, i take this all back.......i want to kill my kid right now.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Congrats. I have two boys, 10 & 14. They make me laugh my as* off almost every day.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    mmccartneydc:
    Wow, congrats, this has been one crazy year for pregnancies. As some of you know, my wife and I are expecting our first (little girl) mid march and so is Brett the Irishman Hart!
    Congratulations to all the new parents from this site. To their spouses as well.