Home General Discussion
Options

Are any of you...

MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
...as addicted to watching the Sprint sale as I am? I leave the freaking thing up on my browser all day.

Sad thing is, I don't have any more budget for sticks until at least my next paycheck, and probably not for two more. Why, oh why, do I torture myself?

I'm hoping to find some solidarity in this, brothers. Do any of you feel my pain?
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.

Comments

• Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    ...as addicted to watching the Sprint sale as I am? I leave the freaking thing up on my browser all day.

Sad thing is, I don't have any more budget for sticks until at least my next paycheck, and probably not for two more. Why, oh why, do I torture myself?

I'm hoping to find some solidarity in this, brothers. Do any of you feel my pain?
    that is why i have it closed for now........same with Cbid.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I was in the beginning. Then it kinda got old for me. I was hooked though. Almost never pulled the trigger, but couldn't turn away.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Brian, I have no idea why I continue to torture myself. Part of me really wants a stinky ashtray, and every time it's listed, I sit there and watch, knowing that it won't go under a certain price, but telling myself I can squeeze it into the budget if it does fall that low. And then all those tasty samplers and five packs.

On an aside, ohhh, how my wife regrets unleashing the obsessive monster that is me when it comes to a hobby. She just doesn't understand why I need more cigars than I can possibly smoke. Aging? She has no clue. Bombs? "Why would anyone want explosives?" she asks. Needing to try multiples of every cigar? She thinks either you like it or you don't. Variety? To her it's not the spice of life; rather, it's a complication. Expense? Well, I agree with her when it comes to budget, but a guy can dream, can't he?
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    I was in the beginning. Then it kinda got old for me. I was hooked though. Almost never pulled the trigger, but couldn't turn away.

Ken, that's good to hear. I'm probably the same way as far as this being an "in the beginning" thing. We'll see. I just need to hide my tax refund away somewhere I can't access it after it comes.

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    you are preaching to the choir. It's on when ever I have a long period of time to sit in front of the computer. I have about 20 sprint sale selections that a have a really good idea on what price it will land at and want, but I'm out "fun" money. I even owe the pot a little with the last purchase I bought.

I often check reviews on the forum for 5ers and 10's to see if they are worth pulling the trigger on. I can keep my eyes off this site. I'm probably a month out on fun money unless I pick up a side job before that.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Brian, I have no idea why I continue to torture myself. Part of me really wants a stinky ashtray, and every time it's listed, I sit there and watch, knowing that it won't go under a certain price, but telling myself I can squeeze it into the budget if it does fall that low. And then all those tasty samplers and five packs.

On an aside, ohhh, how my wife regrets unleashing the obsessive monster that is me when it comes to a hobby. She just doesn't understand why I need more cigars than I can possibly smoke. Aging? She has no clue. Bombs? "Why would anyone want explosives?" she asks. Needing to try multiples of every cigar? She thinks either you like it or you don't. Variety? To her it's not the spice of life; rather, it's a complication. Expense? Well, I agree with her when it comes to budget, but a guy can dream, can't he?
    i think my wife is beginning to regret it too. I just had to buy another humidor because the one she got me is no where near big enough to hold the samplers that i bought recently. Oh and not to mention the 2 contests and poker that i won. Oh and when i pull one of those white boxes out of the mailbox she just rolls her eyes because she knows she has to hear me blabber on for another hour about how cool BOTLs are and how i can't wait until i have bought enough to start bombing others too.
  • Options
    brianetz1:
    Martel:

i think my wife is beginning to regret it too. I just had to buy another humidor because the one she got me is no where near big enough to hold the samplers that i bought recently. Oh and not to mention the 2 contests and poker that i won. Oh and when i pull one of those white boxes out of the mailbox she just rolls her eyes because she knows she has to hear me blabber on for another hour about how cool BOTLs are and how i can't wait until i have bought enough to start bombing others too.

Yeah, you get it.

• Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    I have a system. When on my Mac at home I have it on. I put the browser window as far up to the top of the screen as I can get it. Now I go on my usual internet surfing as usual with a 2nd window. but the 2nd window is slightly lower then the sprint sale window behind it. I can read the bid on the very top of the screen(the first window I made). When I read something I might be interested in I miminize the current window and check it out.

Also, I keep a 3rd window miminized so I can compared prices of the sticks, to the original cost so I know I'm getting a good deal. I'm just that cool I swear.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I watch it from time to time, but really only have a few things I am looking for. I almost pulled the trigger on a 10er of Deisel Shortys yesterday but somebody beat me to it. I usually only watch when things are slow at work, or if I've had a few too many drinks. The latter usually gets me in trouble.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to watch it all the time but you can only take so much torture. Now I just get on now and then when there's something that's been on my mind and ill check in time to time to see if it will come up.
  • Options
    Haven't got into it, I'm going to check it out more
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    CigarMan37:
    Haven't got into it, I'm going to check it out more
    Dont do it...you'll hate yourself. Unless you have unlimited money and space.
  • Options
    Slept in half an hour and missed what I wanted this morning. Got off work early and decided to treat myself toa smoke, and missed what I wanted while I was picking the stick. In the immortal words of Charlie Brown, Aaaaaargh!