Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Cigars for Warriors Contest

Assuming this is OK with everyone, I'd like to have a contest of sorts.

Coming from a military family, my grandparents were in the Army, my dad is a retired Marine, my brother is an active Marine, I would of been if I didn't have medical issues. To serve and have a higher calling has always been a part of me. I've given back in various ways, mostly sending to people I've met on cigar forums, and arranging fun packages sent to my brother when he was in Afghanistan.

I've heard a lot of questions over the years as to why give cigars and items to troops. They make money they can buy their own stuff is usually what I hear if anything negative. The truth is, yes they can, though usually when deployed in hostile zones it's not as easy to get the comforts of home, cigars, and other items. From my own family experiences being in that environment takes it's toll on the men and women who serve our country, receiving candy, cold drink mixes, baby wipes, cigars and pipes, etc, it gives that person a small reprieve from the crap they live with for 9-15 months at a time. It helps keep their sanity and gives them that something extra that I would hope we all wish for our fellow man. I don't see giving items to the troops as charity, it's sharing with another person as I've grown used to doing and seeing from brothers and sisters of the leaf. It's having kindness and good will to literally pay it forward. You going above what's expected to make another happy, in turn gives you a joy that's very unique.

Recently I met J. Drew and Tom Navarro who inspired me to take a role with a larger organization, which helps IMO get stuff to a more diverse group. You can find more of them on http://www.cigarsforwarriors.net/ if you're interested.

Anyways, here's the contest. Hoping to get a good turnout on this otherwise I'll just be sending a load myself.

Prize: I'm offering up a nice sampler of some of my favorite cigars, most have a resting age of 10-12 years, you can ask Trident if you have any questions of my character.

To enter: I will give 1 entry per 5 pack of cigars, cigar and lighter, cigar and cutter, lighter pack, combo pack, or if you send a higher end lighter or cutter such as a xikar, then that will be counted as one entry.

To win: I will have all entries entered into random.org/lists and ask another BOTL to be present, most likely Trident, or any other local cigar.com member. The 1st person on top will receive the sampler pack from me.

All entries will be sent to me, I'll take pictures of every entry sent to me and post it. Then I'll box everything up and send it over to cigars for warriors with a message stating it's from cigar.com including everyone who participated.

I need all entries received or have a DC posted by Feb 28th with a drawing on March 1st or 2nd, pending when I can meet up with a cigar.com member. If there are entries in route not received by the time to pick a winner, I'll push it back until everything is received.

Let me know if there are any questions and thanks everyone for reading and lets have a great contest.

Send all entries to:
Dan Lewis
90 Orchardale Dr
Rochester Hills, MI 48309

Include your forum handle so I can mark you down accurately.
If you have a DC please post or PM it to me for tracking

Comments

• hardczhardcz Posts: 75
    Puffmaster has let me know he's in, I'm glad to see this thing kick off so quickly. Lets keep the ball rolling guys!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Guess my reply got deleted.Love the idea! CCom really is good about supporting the troops.
    Rain:
    Guess my reply got deleted.Love the idea! CCom really is good about supporting the troops.
    That's my fault, I hit the sad face smiley on accident and it wouldn't change on the forum, didn't want to put out the wrong message. Not sure if I should post my addy for public display or have a request in PM, though I'm good with either.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    hardcz:
    Rain:
    That's my fault, I hit the sad face smiley on accident and it wouldn't change on the forum, didn't want to put out the wrong message. Not sure if I should post my addy for public display or have a request in PM, though I'm good with either.
    It's all good man.Everyone posts their addy, I don't think anyone has gotten hit with anthrax yet :)
    Rain:
    hardcz:
    Rain:
    It's all good man.Everyone posts their addy, I don't think anyone has gotten hit with anthrax yet :)
    Awesome, updated the original post with my info.
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭
    Put me in for 3 5 packs. Will Hand deliver to you
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    I'm in too. Will get my package out in a few days to you.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will get something out too in the next couple of days.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    A contest with a cause. Well done sir. I can probably find a time to meet up with you before the end of the month. If not, I'll just mail something to you.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    I am in for 3 five packs. I am a ARMY combat veteran myself and the best days while in the Gulf were when a care package showed up. Great cause. I can deliver or mail as I am just in Port Huron.
    Maybe we can turn the local Michigan donation into a herf?
    Lets do it. When and where. I tried meeting up with Lonewolf when I was in Arizona but he had work issues.
    Tyland64:
    Lets do it. When and where. I tried meeting up with Lonewolf when I was in Arizona but he had work issues.

My suggestions would be at Jenuwines cigar lounge on M59 in sterling heights on March 1st. I know dan said the game would end on the 28th, but maybe he will extend it a day for us. Plus, then i can talk with the managers over there to see if we can actually arrange something on a larger scale, or put up some fliers.
    2nd works better...being a Saturday...
    The participation level is great, lets keep the ball rolling!
    Package went out today. Didn't get a DC #. Should be there friday per post office.
    Roberto99:
    Package went out today. Didn't get a DC #. Should be there friday per post office.
    Thanks mate, I'll be posting pics soon as stuff starts showing up.
  • I'm in.
    # 9505 5102 7607 3045 5114 02
    hardcz:

Fine, March 2nd it is. Jenuwines in Sterling Heights I'm thinking like 7pm?
    Trident:
    hardcz:

Awesome, do you know how late they're open?
    Roberto99:

And a package you sent, NICE! Very impressive man. This is a crazy awesome start.

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC 9505510238703046470377
    Good job Dan! Hope the guys and gals enjoy!!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Trident:
    hardcz:

I'm planning on being there!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    I am good for the 2nd . Looking forward to meeting some of you guys.
    I'll check with the manager about posting up some fliers and possibly a cooler for donations. I think they are open until midnight
    Very cool, looking forward to this
    hardcz:
    Roberto99:

And a package you sent, NICE! Very impressive man. This is a crazy awesome start.

Glad they found their way to you safely.
    So i talked to one of the employees at Jenuwines cigar lounge and he seemed into it. He told me to contact the GM of the place to officially confirm the details.

But as of right now, we are planning on herfing at Jenuwine's cigar lounge on March 2nd at 7pm until they kick us out.

There has been some interest from some out of state people, and if you want information like hotels, etc, send me a pm. There are plenty of hotels less than a mile from the store. Hope to make this a large group!
    Big Daddy Rabbit shows up with some great cigars.

Seeing as we're putting on a herf at a B&M on March 2nd, I'll look at doing the drawing once the night is over. If there are packages in route you must PM me with the DC and what you're sending so I can add your entries appropriately.

March 2nd

Jenuwine Cigar Factory Outlet: Sterling Heights, MI 44791 Schoenherr Rd., Sterling Heights, Michigan 48313