Home General Discussion

Drink pairing with Ave Maria Reconquista

Since the post subject is so vague, my question is this: What drink do you feel would pair best with this cigar? I usually do coffee or rum and coke. But I saw the original Ave Maria in the bourbon pairing article and now I'm thinking something different might be a better option...Thoughts?

Comments

• JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    JZerby:
    Since the post subject is so vague, my question is this: What drink do you feel would pair best with this cigar? I usually do coffee or rum and coke. But I saw the original Ave Maria in the bourbon pairing article and now I'm thinking something different might be a better option...Thoughts?
    4 Roses Single Barrel bourbon. This bourbon is not a "heavy" whiskey, and I really enjoy it with this cigar. They compliment each other, but neither overpowers the other. But please don't put this bourbon in coke or anything else except maybe a little water over ice.

• I found Maker's Mark to be quite tasty with it
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Yoo-hoo.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    CigarMan37:
    I found Maker's Mark to be quite tasty with it
    better stock up now while the ABV is still 45%. those bastards are watering that $hit down.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    CigarMan37:
    better stock up now while the ABV is still 45%. those bastards are watering that $hit down.
    that blows. For OP, Dr. Pepper.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samuel Adams seasonal goes pretty good if you are looking for a beer.
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    mello yello crushed ice.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeep edson:
    mello yello crushed ice.
    I'm a Mountain Dew guy myself. It goes with any cigar. I also like a good scotch or chi tea.
  • nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    I've found that I like ginger ale with cigars...especially the fuller flavored ones
  • JZerbyJZerby Posts: 122
    nickiam:
    I've found that I like ginger ale with cigars...especially the fuller flavored ones
    that actually sounds interesting. I might try that. Not necessarily with this cigar but maybe with my next one...
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive also found dr pepper to be a good drink with some of the stronger smokes even better mixed with a little gentleman jack(or alot depending on the day ive had)..
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    CigarMan37:
    To be fair though, Maker's Mark goes with anything :-) LOVE THAT STUFF!