Home General Discussion

New to the cigar world

Hi all. I am a newcomer to the cigar world. I appreciate a mild/medium cigar and have in the past enjoyed Free Cuba and Oliva. Any other recommendations?
Thanks

Comments

• If your a mild guy, I would highly recommend the 5 Vegas Gold
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AVO, Davidoff, Torano lots of good ones out there!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    CigarMan37:
    If your a mild guy, I would highly recommend the 5 Vegas Gold
    I would 2nd that. I started out with the vegas gold. I'd say if you get a sampler from ccom on their house blends and perhaps a 5 vegas sampler you will get a good idea of what you should try more of (like wrapper and blend and from what countries the tobacco comes from. And nice thing is they are not all that expensive. I would suggest that will be a good start.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    cavjr:
    Hi all. I am a newcomer to the cigar world. I appreciate a mild/medium cigar and have in the past enjoyed Free Cuba and Oliva. Any other recommendations? Thanks
    As someone who doesn't like much of Oliva I can say that I do enjoy the V a lot. And many others do as well. That is one I would add to the others I mentioned though the V is a bit higher medium to maybe full depending on one's pallet.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome by the way bro, so many good smokes out there, just buy u a sampler or 2 and go from there. Good to have u here.
  • puffmasterpuffmaster Posts: 254 ✭✭
    Welcome

#DE4L #StillPuffin

• ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    AVO
    +1 love the classic
    Also a great cigar in the mild 5 Vegas Gold is great, so is the Gurka Park Avenue. Might wanna try a mild/med sampler. Maybe Best of Connecticut or Mild-Bodied Anthology II. Check it out on the site. Welcome and enjoy.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Yup as stated avo!! Big fan of the signature belicoso!! Dividing is also a great pick but rather pricey for a new smoker. My medium bodied go to is avo,davidoff and la aurora and IMO can't go wrong with any of them
    Money can't buy taste
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Another great mild stick on a budget is the Torano Dominico. Great cigar and y0u can pick them up dirt cheap.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    AVO, Davidoff, Torano lots of good ones out there!
    The last 5 cigars I smoked was either an AVO or Davidoff. Now I'm hooked. .......... Ugh I hate this hobby.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zino Classic. If you look around you can find them on the cheap.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll cut through the small stuff......you have a pm, look upper right corner inbox!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    lol you poor soul