Home General Discussion
Options

Pennsylvania Broadleaf seeds

Anyone know where I can score some Pennsylvania broadleaf seeds? I'm going to be growing more tobacco this year and that would be an awesome leaf to raise as most of the cigars that come out of it are dark, rich, and spicy. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    long_ashes:
    Anyone know where I can score some Pennsylvania broadleaf seeds? I'm going to be growing more tobacco this year and that would be an awesome leaf to raise as most of the cigars that come out of it are dark, rich, and spicy. Thanks!
    just remember that a big part of what makes that leaf what we know it is the curing process. you may not get the same results.

but it sure is fun to try. i hope you find the seeds you need
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Maybe I can go up to Amish country about an hour away and steal some seeds from them. I've always who and where in PA its growing because I know the Amish near my hometown grow some tobacco. no idea where else its grown.
  • Options
    Thanks! Yeah I know all about it. :) I grew 80 plants to full size last year and rolled over 200 cigars from them. Some are duds, and others have a really good taste. I use a kiln to do the fermenting/curing process once they are color cured by hanging.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, http://www.coffinails.com/usa/order.html has them! "Seedman" had Penn. Red and Connecticut Broadleaf, but not Penn. Broadlead. I grew Pennsylvania Red last year and wasn't a big fan of it. I like Penn. Broadleaf and Dixie Shade. Nice dark maduro blends once fermented. The two combined should make some excellent cigars next year.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Excellent. And I followed your progress this year, just be sure to give us another great pics-included walkthrough & step by step with your project for next year.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blurr:
    Excellent. And I followed your progress this year, just be sure to give us another great pics-included walkthrough & step by step with your project for next year.
    yeah that was pretty interesting.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://fairtradetobacco.com/forum.php -- they have a seed bank and they even give seeds away free.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)