Home General Discussion
Options

This winters shipping

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
So I've noticed this winter especially the stick I get rott burn razor!! Not quite sure why this is...I'm gonna have to assume that it's temp and humidity in certain regions but damn it's awesome!! Even without the humi packs all sticks I have gotten this winter have been in excellent condition and are smokable rott. Usually I only smoke one to gauge the resting period but so far I have not a set a high mark for resting. Anyone else having this luck??
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Yep, best razor sharp burns in winter here. Don't know why. Initially thought it was luck, coincidence or construction of a particular stick. I've also had otherwise so didn't really read much into it.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm noticed this 2 nights ago with a La Aurora rott, very curious, I'll have to pay attention tonight bc I plan on burning some baccy this weekend!!!!!
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I'm guessing its more along the lines of the lower humidity and no humipacks. The big warehouses will admit they store at higher rh, its proven through lots of data that shipping at a higher RH level results in less damaged wrappers and cigars, considering they are more pliable at say 75 rh than 65. So with the lower ambient humidity of super cold winter air (what they are exposed to for winter shipping), I'm guessing they drop down to a reasonable rh level just from the shipping times and the trip.

Meaning they are arriving at your doorstep at say 65-68 rh instead of 72 to 75 rh. I imagine most companies that ship a lot of cigars keep them at a slightly higher rh, I don't know what but maybe its like 75 rh. I've been told that at least.

Or maybe Ccom just found a sweet spot of where to hold their inventory prior to shipping to have them arrive at your step at the JUST perfect rh level.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I tend to think temperature plays a large role in combustion. Since its hot where I come from, the wineador makes a huge difference in razor sharp burn and burn issues in general.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    Hmmm noticed this 2 nights ago with a La Aurora rott, very curious, I'll have to pay attention tonight bc I plan on burning some baccy this weekend!!!!!
    ok whats baccy if you don mind me asking
    no matter where you go, there you are.