Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

WEEKEND CONTEST (1) --- a little music trivia

jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
Alright folks, it's contest time ....

To be eligible to win a 5-pack of cigars, all you have to do is send me a PM with the answers to the "music trivia" questions below.
No other entry requirements --- anyone can play.

There will be 3 winners total for this contest* --- the 3 people who answer the most questions correctly will win. In the event of a tie, whoever responded first will win.

The contest ends this Sunday night at midnight, so PM me your answer before then!

Lastly, since there will be multiple winners, please do not post your answers in this thread.
Instead, please leave a reply here saying that you messaged me, in case there's a tie and any discrepancies about who "answered first."
If anyone answers all four questions correctly, I will post it here.

1)
Q: what band used to travel with more than 50 roadies which included a karate instructor, doctor, and someone who's sole job was to clean and transport a Persian rug?

2)
Q: In 1990, this famous musician visited a record store but was suspected of being a shoplifter since the manager (a fellow forum BOTL) didn't know who the musician was. Name the musician.

(EDIT: Since I assume this question will be hard to answer, if you guess wrong on the first try --- I will let you know and you can re-guess for this question only.)

3)
Q: In this 1977 concert at Anaheim stadium, which band was said to have "stolen the show" of at least 5 bands?

4)
Q: What famous rocker is also an avid golfer? (He plays with a 2 handicap)

( *In order to "spread the love" --- if you're the "noob" winner of the "noobs only music trivia contest", you can not win this contest too and get 2 5-packs. Sorry)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Comments

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    stupid posted on wrong thread and won't let me delete
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I believe number 2 to be the toughest question.. I dont know so I just took a guess, good luck and thanks for the contest
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    I believe number 2 to be the toughest question.. I dont know so I just took a guess, good luck and thanks for the contest
    Got your message, thanks for playing!

• lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    Guess sent via PM. Thanks for the contest!
    lonewolf2011:
    Guess sent via PM. Thanks for the contest!
    Got it, thanks !!!

• HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    PM sent - cool contest, thanks!!
    Heavy:
    PM sent - cool contest, thanks!!
    Thanks for playing!

• rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    PM sent...thanks for the contest!
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump..cause it's cool....
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    pm sent. great contest. Thanks.
    Roberto99:
    pm sent. great contest. Thanks.
    rburke1129:
    PM sent...thanks for the contest!
    Got them, thx, and replied.

No one has guessed # 2 correctly yet. Please feel free to submit a 2nd guess before midnight today.

Keep the guesses comin, you have about 21 hrs left!! Good luck!

jgibv:
    Since No one has guessed # 2 correctly yet. Please feel free to submit 2 answers for question #2 only.
    Hint *** the band this persons in is from seattle

• lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    new #2 guess sent via PM
    2nd guess also sent
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    PM to ya
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    thanks buddy....Im in
    Beat and vulch, got it

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    This contest sucks big fat hairy donkey ballz!!! lmao
    BUMP --- only a little over 3 hrs left to get those answers to me via PM.....remember you can submit 2 answers for question #2 only but I gotta have it before midnight. Will post the answers and winners tomorrow

jgibv:
    BUMP --- only a little over 3 hrs left to get those answers to me via PM.....remember you can submit 2 answers for question #2 only but I gotta have it before midnight. Will post the answers and winners tomorrow
    GRUNGE...guitarist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ^^Dammit, I knew I should have guessed Kim Thayil. I can say that now that the contest deadline is passed right?? ;-)
    Close...very close...not Kim though
    Cornell
    Nope but close..HINT: Diarrhea
    Sorry for the delay on this folks .....

Without further ado, the winners of this contest, who got 3/4 questions correct, are:
    The Kid
    rburke1129
    Vulchor

Congrats fellas!!
    (And please PM me your addresses)

No one guessed #2 correctly, some of you weren't too far off though ....
    And the winners were the only people to get the other 3/4 questions correct ... (these were some pretty tough questions though, hope it got everybody thinkin') .... thanks for playing!!!

And FYI, the answers to the questions are:

1)
    Q: what band used to travel with more than 50 roadies which included a karate instructor, doctor, and someone who's sole job was to clean and transport a Persian rug?
    A: Emerson, Lake and Palmer

2)
    Q: In 1990, this famous musician visited a record store but was suspected of being a shoplifter since the manager (a fellow forum BOTL) didn't know who the musician was. Name the musician.
    A: Mike Mccready (Pearl Jam)

3)
    Q: In this 1977 concert at Anaheim stadium, which band was said to have "stolen the show" of at least 5 bands?
    A: Lynard Skynard

4)
    Q: What famous rocker is also an avid golfer? (He plays with a 2 handicap)
    A: Alice Cooper

Awesome contest! Thanks for having it and congrats to the winners.
    Sweet...thanks again for the contest John!! Pm to ya.
    McCready-----damn. Thanks for the contest buddy, havent done games or anything here in a while. PM incoming.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    4 was a gimmee, 1 and 3 either needed some thinking or a google. For 2, I would have guessed Vedder at first, maybe Cobain. Glad I jumped on the other game.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    This was a combo of John and I coming up with questions. At the time, the store I managed was an all CD, audiophile store. I had many encounters with music people. The guy had a stack of box sets that were made in Germany and were very expensive. As my bonus was based on loss prevention and having previously managed stores in L.A., I was very security minded. He turned out to be very cool and we talked a lot about the Blues and old Country & Western. My assistant manager had to clue me in to his identity. More true stories and crazy questions to follow in the future. I hope you enjoyed it!