Home General Discussion

Your most under/over rated cigar.

VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just seeing what stick you guys think doesnt get the credit it deserves and the one that gets way to much love?

Under rated = La Aroma de Cuba Robusto/Lancero
Over Rated = San Lotano Oval

Out of all the Lotano lines the Oval IMO is the worst. I've had at least 2-3 of each size (only 1 torpedo tho) and I find them all to be just meh at best.

Comments

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    For me, most of the Viaje line is over rated for me. Great marketing strategy, but the sticks don't live up to the hype for me. Under rated is harder to pick. Maybe the LFD Cameroon Cabinet?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Overrated: Tatuaje Cojonu

underrated: J. Fuego 777 maduro, JdN Celebracion, Camacho SLR maduro.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overrated Rocky P, several of them just not worth the hype of the name, underrated L’Atelier Surrogates, all 3 of them, absolutely love them and at 7 a stick, for my money can't beat it.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    For me, most of the Viaje line is over rated for me. Great marketing strategy, but the sticks don't live up to the hype for me. Under rated is harder to pick. Maybe the LFD Cameroon Cabinet?
    Gonna have too agree with under rated for lfd. I really like that smoke!! And over rated?? I know a lot of you may hate but I'm gonna go with...San latano anything! This line did not much for me but haven't had one with a good nap
    Money can't buy taste
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Over rated: most tat's and viaje, opus for the $$$, Liga other then UC for the $$$
    Underrated: curivari, Garmarian
  • Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    Underrated: For me, Carlos Torano Dominico. I've been smoking the hell out of these things lately and loving them. They're fantastic in the cold weather. They burn well. They're well constructed. They sell so dirt cheap I feel like 20 of them should be in any mild lovers' humi.

Overrated: Ashton anything. I never had an ashton that was as amazing as the price it costs. I use this as an example because the churchills cost almost 4 times what Dominicos cost me, yet I like the dominico better. I mean that. I LIKE CARLOS TORANO DOMINICO BETTER THAN ASHTON.

Pipe bomb!

::drops the mic and walks away::
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Over rated: most tat's and viaje, opus for the $$$, Liga other then UC for the $$$
    Underrated: curivari, Garmarian
    Will agree with mr P.G. But it's due to no advertisement and not respect or quality!!plus kinda htf
    Money can't buy taste
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Overrated: Camacho Triple Maduro

Underrated: EP Carillo Elencos
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overrated: Perdomo's and 5 Vegas
    Underrated: El Titan de Bronze Redemption Maduro and MOW Little Devil
  • Overrated would be Black Pearl and Underrated would be Fighting ***
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Overrated: Perdomo's and 5 Vegas
    Underrated: El Titan de Bronze Redemption Maduro and MOW Little Devil
    +1 love the MOW Little Devil
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    under rated would be most carlos toranos.never really heard of them till was bombed one.have liked everyone ive smoked since think.overarted probably the rp decades tried a few and thought they were meh... just my humble opinion
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over rated would be almost ALL RP's and under rated maybe JdN Celebracion.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Over rated for me probably Liga privada, but I haven't smoked a ton just wasn't wowed with the few I've had. Under rated is almost all Toranos, I've enjoyed everyone I've smoked to the point I always think write this is just a great relaxing smoke. I haven't been smoking as much lately though, with the winter in pa and a 2 year old son just haven't had time.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Overrated: Backwoods & Swishers Underrated: JDN Celebracion & El Triunfador
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Overrated: Oliva V (although I do really like them their reputation is a little much)

Underrated: Guillermo Leon (great stick, great price...not much press)
  • Overrated: Opus X...and most anything Arturo Fuente. Flavor isn't that good and they all taste the same. Underrated: Sancho Panza and Quintero
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    OchoZacho:
    i dont even know you anymore.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Overated - most Tats and RP
    Underated - all JdN, wildcard - Pueblo Dominicano
    kuzi16:
    OchoZacho:
    hilarious! That's why we love cigars, they are subjective. I can say that I'm basing this on the only one I've smoked. I absolutely LOVE everything Camacho I've had, and was so pumped to give the triple Maduro a try, only to be let down. Bad stick? Maybe. Bad conditions? Possibly. Controlled experiment - over a year in the cooler and a perfect day alone on the back deck with ice water. Whatever the variables, it just didn't do it for me, I'll stick to the corojos for my go to Camacho.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    Overrated: Opus X...and most anything Arturo Fuente. Flavor isn't that good and they all taste the same. Underrated: Sancho Panza and Quintero

=|
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what I consider over-rated. I agree with several other people that RP isn't that great. Met a couple I like, but not many.

I can pull the lable off a Gurkha Sherpa and hand it to most people and they'll love it. I'd definitely say this is the most under-rated cigar I can think of.
  • Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    If enough people say Rocky Patel is overrated, can we agree that it's a label that's just "rated".
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overrated, a few Viajes that I've had.

Underrated, Perdomo. Lot 23 being my fav.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the one stick that doesnt get enough love is anything LFD/Lito Gomez. I have yet to have a bad one.
  • Over rated; most Gurkhas, just can't get into most. Status was OK, Sherpa was OK. Under rated; Cusano LXI sungrown, love those things.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and Gran Habano 3 SLS is a cheapy favorite of mine also.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    OchoZacho:
    kuzi16:
    OchoZacho:
    hilarious! That's why we love cigars, they are subjective. I can say that I'm basing this on the only one I've smoked. I absolutely LOVE everything Camacho I've had, and was so pumped to give the triple Maduro a try, only to be let down. Bad stick? Maybe. Bad conditions? Possibly. Controlled experiment - over a year in the cooler and a perfect day alone on the back deck with ice water. Whatever the variables, it just didn't do it for me, I'll stick to the corojos for my go to Camacho.
    After seeing this, I thought the same thing kuzi did... lol.

Zach, if you wanna try one that has a couple years of perfect humi time on it, just shoot me your addy. I got you covered on it.
    BigT06:
    OchoZacho:
    kuzi16:
    OchoZacho:
    After seeing this, I thought the same thing kuzi did... lol.

Zach, if you wanna try one that has a couple years of perfect humi time on it, just shoot me your addy. I got you covered on it.
    I've been meaning to work out a trade with you. Pm incoming.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Overrated is more a a list for me than a single cigar, lol.......Tat Conoju, most Viaje's, anything by Davidoff or Greycliff

Underrated---Partagas Benji Menendez, Fausto, GAR, Alec Bradley MAXX, Punch Rare Corojo