Home General Discussion
Options

Your most under/over rated cigar.

2»

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Overrated is more a a list for me than a single cigar, lol.......Tat Conoju, most Viaje's, anything by Davidoff or Greycliff

Underrated---Partagas Benji Menendez, Fausto, GAR, Alec Bradley MAXX, Punch Rare Corojo
    I've only had one Davidoff. Guess I'm not upperclass, because where other people talke about subtle nuances...I only tasted air.
  • Options
    Threadjacking side note...Vulch is at 3500 posts missing two green bars, and I'm at 2400 missing three. Thanks a lot Kuzi, Kid, and Kaspera!!!!! ;)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Threadjacking side note...Vulch is at 3500 posts missing two green bars, and I'm at 2400 missing three. Thanks a lot Kuzi, Kid, and Kaspera!!!!! ;)
    but yours all came in six months. If I kept pace with you I'd be at 24,000 by now.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Rain:
    but yours all came in six months. If I kept pace with you I'd be at 24,000 by now.
    And it has been a good six months.
  • Options
    ThreadJacker3000ThreadJacker3000 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Rain:
    I don't need help Randy. Thanks though ;)
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    beatnic:
    Overated - most Tats and RP
    Underated - all JdN, wildcard - Pueblo Dominicano
    This sums it up.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Vulchor:
    Overrated is more a a list for me than a single cigar, lol.......Tat Conoju, most Viaje's, anything by Davidoff or Greycliff

Underrated---Partagas Benji Menendez, Fausto, GAR, Alec Bradley MAXX, Punch Rare Corojo
    I've only had one Davidoff. Guess I'm not upperclass, because where other people talke about subtle nuances...I only tasted air.
    upper or lower class has nothing to do with it.

it has everything to do with personal preference. if you dont like mild blends you probably wont like davidoff.

try the Davidoff Maduro or the Puro d'Oro.

those are the stronger blends. i would place them about a medium-full according to classic Cuban standards. according to modern non-Cuban standards i would place them at a solid medium body. the Davidoff Maduro could be a Med-full in the toro but i feel it does better in the Robusto.
  • Options
    Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    My issue with Davidoff is the same as my issue with Ashton. They're priced as extravagant cigars when I've had better for far less. I don't know if that's flawed thinking or not. Because when it comes to other hobbies I have, I'm not looking for a deal I'm looking for the best experience. Video gaming for instance. When I bought my last TV, I didn't skimp i bought the biggest, baddest, best one I could find for my limited wallet. I didn't want the cheapest, I wanted the best i could afford at the time. I dont have that same approach to cigars. I'm not always looking for a DEAL per se, but I hate throwing money away on an abstract idea of what might be considered great. Especially when I taste it and it's just good. I smoke about 3-4 sticks a week so I don't get bored with them and I don't get irritated with them. Do I smoke sticks I don't like? sure. But when I somehow acquire a stick worth over $10, and it gives me no more pleasure than the one that cost me under $3... THAT is my definition of overrated.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    overrated - my father, ashton esg, forbidden x opus's, most "ltd" editions

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Add Perdomo ESV 2002 Sun grown to the under rated list.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh $hit old thread whoops!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Undertated- LGC Collection Reserve, CAO Black, dr Montecristo original, Perdomo Champagne Noir, DPG blue........

Overrated- any cigar I can't afford to smoke.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn most of those guys are gone.. :(
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

And if you can't be with the one you love, honey

Love the one you're with