Home General Discussion
Options

No Cigars for Me

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Been super busy this last month or so, and have not been able to enjoy a cigar.Anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Yes, I'm up to about one a month but that will change this weekend and the coming weeks.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope if I get that busy I think I'd have to take a sick day.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Randy time to reasses the priority list! Or get more cigars......
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Randy time to reasses the priority list! Or get more cigars......
    Both are good ideas.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh man!! That needs too change!! I've gotten really busy but never gone a month without smoking that I can think of
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Part of it was being busy, but part of it was just a rough patch in the hobby. I had like five sticks in a row that just were garbage and had to reevaluate my interest.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Part of it was being busy, but part of it was just a rough patch in the hobby. I had like five sticks in a row that just were garbage and had to reevaluate my interest.
    Gotcha let downs are tough!! I've slowed down on trying stuff unless someone with similar taste bombs me with it or trades. But there is always that one stick that got you hooked so maybe reach for that one
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Rain:
    Gotcha let downs are tough!! I've slowed down on trying stuff unless someone with similar taste bombs me with it or trades. But there is always that one stick that got you hooked so maybe reach for that one
    For me, the best was a Padron 64. Then I had a Padron 26 that was just not good at all.
  • Options
    I am currently out of work myself. I have no income to sustain my habit xD. Thankfully I have plenty in the humidor. But I will run out soon :(!
  • Options
    Rain:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Rain:
    For me, the best was a Padron 64. Then I had a Padron 26 that was just not good at all.
    The 63!is a fave!! The 26 IMO is over rated
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    I'm with you on the busy part. Usually we are slow in the winter at the club here, but I am doing my own thing there with the personal training and it's picking up nicely.... Plus it's too damn cold for me to sit and smoke anything enjoyably.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Been super busy this last month or so, and have not been able to enjoy a cigar.Anyone else in the same boat?
    Been busier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger with the hives. Still have to take an hour now and then for a beer and a smoke. Me time is not optional.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought a house, planning a wedding, having a second child, took a new position at work, planning fiance's 10 year reunion, painting the nursery as a massive mural of the 100 acre wood. I finally smoked a cigar last thursday. First one in about a year.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    I bought a house, planning a wedding, having a second child, took a new position at work, planning fiance's 10 year reunion, painting the nursery as a massive mural of the 100 acre wood. I finally smoked a cigar last thursday. First one in about a year.
    Ouch!!!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    Rough stretch, hope all is calming down! Glad to have you back!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    Well that just about makes you a Newbie again...but welcme back all the same.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    clearlysuspect:
    Well that just about makes you a Newbie again...but welcme back all the same.
    Good...because I had a lot more fun when I had no idea what I was doing haha.
  • Options
    kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    Wow! I thought my 3+ month drought was bad!?!?