Home General Discussion
Options

RP conny

So, I walked into my bedroom tonight and found that my beagle likes rockys too...I got the fiver of RP for spending 100+ last week and my dog tore into em. I was able to salvage all but the conny. I had to cut about an inch off of the shoulder on that one, and it started falling apart. I put her back together with some pectin, but it's not lookin good...The sad thing is, that's one of the few RP's I've never tried. Am I missing much? Is it worth going to the B&M to pick this one up as a replacement? Or just wait till I find it again in another deal.

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    nsezell:
    So, I walked into my bedroom tonight and found that my beagle likes rockys too...I got the fiver of RP for spending 100+ last week and my dog tore into em. I was able to salvage all but the conny. I had to cut about an inch off of the shoulder on that one, and it started falling apart. I put her back together with some pectin, but it's not lookin good...The sad thing is, that's one of the few RP's I've never tried. Am I missing much? Is it worth going to the B&M to pick this one up as a replacement? Or just wait till I find it again in another deal.

Good thing the beagle didn't find the lighter !!! Somehow I'm imagining Snoopy on top of his doghouse with gogles and a stogie ...I do seriously hate that happened to ya brother ...my dogs are always eyeing my smokes but so far I've been lucky ...
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I had a squirrel wander into my shop and chewed up a couple i had in a ziplock bag for after lunch. Next day the little *** got a blueberry muffin. I hope it gave him heartburn. Glad that the B&M is just a short drive frm the shop, lol..
  • Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    Now I have a mental image of cabinetmaker sitting in his shop with a bag of cigars as bait, hiding behind a desk with a bb gun...at least that's what I would do...
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Nah, I'd rig up a deadfall, bait it with a cheap cigar, and keep on working....
  • Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    don't forget the video camera, so you can bask in the glory of revenge...remember, revenge is a dish best served deep fried with gravy and french fries, and that applies to squirrel...
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    nsezell:
    don't forget the video camera, so you can bask in the glory of revenge...remember, revenge is a dish best served deep fried with gravy and french fries, and that applies to squirrel...

Cover your ears Pheebs ...
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    nsezell:
    I've heard of "Dog Rockets" before...

Just make sure you put your dogs turds in your humi for at least a week to make sure they dry a little, they'll be freshly rolled by your dog at about 98% humidity
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    I had a squirrel wander into my shop and chewed up a couple i had in a ziplock bag for after lunch. Next day the little *** got a blueberry muffin. I hope it gave him heartburn. Glad that the B&M is just a short drive frm the shop, lol..
    That is funny as hell, anyway...I have had the RP connecticut, and it's a very mild creamy smoke. Not the most flavorful cigar I ever had, but it would make a good morning smoke. I'd be surprised if your B&M carries them, I have never seen them in a shop, i've always seen them online.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    RP conny is a nice little smoke, Very mild, creamy! I would say the Oliva CT Reserve is better. Not sure what the price diff is as Ive only had the RP Connies as throw in freebies.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Fourtotheflush:
    RP conny is a nice little smoke, Very mild, creamy! I would say the Oliva CT Reserve is better. Not sure what the price diff is as Ive only had the RP Connies as throw in freebies.
    I haven't had either yet but I do have a Oliva CT or two at home waiting to be smoked.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I enjoyed this more than the Oliva Conny. Both were very creamy but I found the RP to be more toasty which I prefered. Both are certainly nice mild cigars of which I need to get more!
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    rwheelwright:
    Fourtotheflush:
    I haven't had either yet but I do have a Oliva CT or two at home waiting to be smoked.

If you like mild cigars youll like this one.