Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Basement remodel project

2»

Comments

• Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    mmccartneydc:
    Wow, what a great accomplishment! Oh and youre gonna need a bigger cooler! LOL
    HAHA, I know! I already do!
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Really nice job brother!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    That is awesome Robert!

Unbelievable transformation, just curious - what was your "construction know-how" before doing this project?
    Regardless, I'm impressed. Your patience and attention to details/not cutting corners is evident in the "finished product".
    Not much experience for myself, but the key to all this is that I have a brother-in-law that does construction. He not only gave me lots of pointers but let me use alot of his equipment as well. Makes a big difference to be able to use different types of nail guns, hammer drills etc.
    Very cool --- and that makes it even more impressive since you were "learning" as you did it.
    Nice that your bro-in-law could give you some tips though and let you borrow the tools as well. Saves you lots of $$ not having to buy all that equipment. Great work!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Just Stained the bar top today with the first coat.
  • Options
    Wife stained the wine closet door a few days back. The color turned out perfect for what we wanted

Here is a interior view of the wine closet. It has a cooling unit mounted at the top of the shelving.
  • Options
    Got all the doors in (some need to be painted)

Sauna is up and running. Have used it many times in the last few weeks.
  • Options
    Got the railing installed and finished!
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I really dig the wine closet door.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    You knocked this basement out of the park. Excellent job. You should be very proud of this accomplishment, I'm certainly impressed by the finishing job. Enjoy it with many fiends and family.
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Man that looks beautiful. My only concern is that shouldn't those bottles be stored at a bit of an angle to keep the corks moist?
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, that is all too cool. Looks great!!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Wow. That is amazing.
  • Options
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Man that looks beautiful. My only concern is that shouldn't those bottles be stored at a bit of an angle to keep the corks moist?
    Thanks Andy. We are happy how it is turning out. I double checked my wine bottles, the picture is deceiving, they are actually resting at quite a bit less than 45 degree angle and the corks are staying wet.
  • Options
    beatnic:
    I really dig the wine closet door.
    i think this is our favorite too. Brazilian mahogany. Every aspect of this project seems to have a story (and struggle) behind it. This door is no exception, We ordered the door from California, first one was damaged, had to ship it back and get another sent out. Huge problem with that company and the shipping company. It took 3 months to get everything straight. They weren't even close to CCOM's customer service!