Home Non Cigar Related

Winodws 7 Driver Quesion

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I'm trying to update my mouse in order to play a game. So I found it in the device manager, attempted to update, and windows tells me it's up to date. Cool, whatever. But it got me thinking...inastead of clicking on each item (mouse, keyboard, screen etc) is there anyway to update them all at once?

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt use the Windows drivers... they are usually behind a few revisions. Go right to the MFG.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Good idea.So I do that, and it gives me a screen to map the extra mouse buttons. I set them up, click save...and it says it can't detect a mouse. Love it.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    I wouldnt use the Windows drivers... they are usually behind a few revisions. Go right to the MFG.
    yeah, best way to go.

Sometimes depends on what type of mouse you have or any device for that matter, you can click on the device program (like logitech) and when that starts up you can update from there. My rat 9 mouse, for example works that way.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Good idea.So I do that, and it gives me a screen to map the extra mouse buttons. I set them up, click save...and it says it can't detect a mouse. Love it.
    lol, that sucks.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's best to go to the manufacturer's website of the hardware and download the current drivers.
    As was stated, the windows drivers are minimal at best.

The manufacturer's of the hardware keep up on all of the bugs and release their drivers to prevent problems.

As for updating them all at once, unless you have all matched hardware, HP has a control panel for their mouse, monitor, printer and keyboard to update all their drivers and Logitech has a control panel for it's mouse and keyboard set.

So unless you have all the same manufactured hardware, it isn't possible. And I know very few people that have all matched hardware.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.