Home General Discussion
Options

Brazilian wrapped NCs

blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
Is anybody else having issues with aging non Cubans with so called Brazilian maduro wrappers? Like the CAO Brazilia, or even the cinco Vegas series A? I have a few online retailer exclusives also like artisan series with Brazilian wrappers with the same issue. Holy crap the Brazilian wrapper is paper thin. My humidity holds rock steady at 65 to 67 rh, but these things crack and fall apart even without being touched. Looking through a few tonight I'm so disappointed. The wrappers look like hell, super thin and cracking, but blotchy and ugly as hell. Are they dying these things? I'm so turned off, this isn't a fine cigar. No more Brazilian maduros for me, seems they are dyed and subpar wrapper leaf. They only look good if you smoke them within the first few months. Subpar wrapper what a waste of money.

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    The daruma is pretty good, did have a lancero flake a bit, but I've smoked Hal a dozen daruma with no issues.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a few 5 vegas series A in my humidor that i bought specifically TO age. i have never had an issue with them. they smoke great at about 5 years. i leave the cello on and i keep my humidor at 68%
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope I got some A's and some CAO Brazillias I've been aging for close to a year with no issues. Broke out one of the CAO's last week and it was freakin awesome.