Home General Discussion
Options

too large a credo?

I thought that it was impossible to have too large a credo, but I'm having a problem with my coolidor that I set up about four weeks ago.  It is consistently staying around 80% humidity, so I open it up each day until it drops down to 70% and then by the next day it's back up again.  Help!

I have around six old spanish cedar cigar boxes in it to try and buffer the humidity level as well as providing space to store my bundle purchases.  Initially I wiped down all of the boxes with distilled water, then I used a moist salt (like paste) for my humidifier.  It stayed in the low 70's on humidity.  When I changed to 'wet foam' and a 50/50 pg mix, then the humidity went up to 80%.  Do I need a smaller credo?  Did I get it too moist?  No fluid stands in the credo container, but it did take about 6oz to moisten the foam.

Any suggestions are welcome.  I'm a noob, but trying to learn the art of enjoying storing and smoking cigars.  Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

ditch the credo.

go with humidity beads

• Options
    hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Posts: 123
    kuzi16:

ditch the credo.

go with humidity beads

I second that. I have three tupperdors and I dont even charge the beads and the humidity stays perfect.

CK
  • Options
    jfsiiijfsiii Posts: 2
    I thought the 50/50 pg solution was supposed to maintain a 'perfect' 70% humidity.  Why isn't it?  I don't have a problem switching to beads, but why doesn't it work like it's supposed to?
  • Options
    jfsiii:
    I thought the 50/50 pg solution was supposed to maintain a 'perfect' 70% humidity.  Why isn't it?  I don't have a problem switching to beads, but why doesn't it work like it's supposed to?
    iduno

but i do know that the beads do work how they are supposed to.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I dont konow what a credo is (puck???)
  • Options
    yeah.... that foam stuff in a puck.