Home Cigar 101

Roadtrip

Hello all, got a question some of you may have run into before.
I'm about to move cross country and since its the middle of the summer, I concerned about bringing all my cigars with me. I have a humidor, but I know my car gets extremely hot when its not running in the heat. I'm going to be staying in friends houses, hotels and camping along the way. Obviously, when I can I'll bring my humidor inside the house when I'm not driving, but when I can't, what should I do to keep my cigars from cooking in the car? I was just going to try to smoke all of them before my trip, but I just got a big sampler from cigar.com and I going to a bachelor party enroute where all these sticks will come in handy..
Any advice other than try to park in the shade and re-fill the humidifier often?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    put the humidor wrapped in towels in a plastic bag then in a cooler with an ice pack or two. that should do it. (if size permits)
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    You could do what kuzi said . . . or, y'know, be cool and send those babies to me . . .
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Second what kuzi said, or just smoke em all on the road. Just don't throw any of those nubs out the window, the last thing this country needs is a wildfire raging across the Midwest or wherever your going.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Take whatever you're going to smoke along the way and ship the rest ahead to wherever you're moving?
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    You can get the coleman portable power coolers with an AC adapter for less than a hundred bucks. You can keep them in there while you drive, and in the motel just take it in with you and use the adapter to plug it into the wall. You might also be able to keep some drinks and snacks cold as well, but I'd make sure you keep the cigars well sealed. Nothing like a ham sandwich with onions flavored cigar. And no, I don't put onions on my ham sandwiches, they were just useful for making the point, lol.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Kuzi's and Cabinetmakers ideas seem to have solved your problem either way you go ...
  • AFJumper03AFJumper03 Posts: 11
    so if I'm already bringing a cooler, should I just throw them in there wrapped in a plastic bag and towels as described? Is it better to have the cigars too cold rather than too warm?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Garen B:
    Second what kuzi said, or just smoke em all on the road. Just don't throw any of those nubs out the window, the last thing this country needs is a wildfire raging across the Midwest or wherever your going.
    I throw my nubs in a glass bottle when I'm done with 'em when I'm done.