Home General Discussion

Tampa, FL B&M?

Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello brothers, I haven't been around much lately, but looking around a little makes me miss it! I'll try and have more fun with yous guys!

Anyways, I'm headed to Tampa this weekend, and wondered if anyone knew of a good cigar place? I will be very close to downtown (Marriott Waterside) and would like to visit a place close by (I wont have a car).

I googled some places, but wondered if anyone had some experience with any and could recommend one. Thanks!
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    If you're staying at the Marriot Waterside I remember then you're close to Ybor City. I believe the nearest B&M to you will be Nichabana Cigars on East 7th Street. Definitely not within walking distance but should be able to get there in about 15-20 minutes depending on traffic. I'd also recommend El Sol Cigars in Ybor City, it's the oldest shop in Tampa.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Ybor's a fun place, but don't stay too long. Nothing good happens in Ybor late at night; and never go to an ATM after dark.

If you find yourself with a ride, be sure to check out my favorite B&M, Tampa Humidor. Great place with a really nice selection; bring your own sticks if you want, the owner's really chill so long as you buy something from the humi. Pipe smoking is welcome, but cigarettes are banned :)
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Ybor's a fun place, but don't stay too long. Nothing good happens in Ybor late at night; and never go to an ATM after dark.

If you find yourself with a ride, be sure to check out my favorite B&M, Tampa Humidor. Great place with a really nice selection; bring your own sticks if you want, the owner's really chill so long as you buy something from the humi. Pipe smoking is welcome, but cigarettes are banned :)

If you're in Ybor after dark, you better not be alone that's for sure!
    I'd forgotten about Tampa Humidor... You would think I'd remember these places considering I lived there for 5 yrs.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was there last fall I looked for shops, only found one, as I didn't have much time. I think that the one Xmacro mentions was one that I looked for, but had moved? There was some kind of dry-cleaner where I went, but there was also a great Irish Pub about 100' away, so that wasn't a total loss.

At any rate, I eventually did find a place called Edwards Pipe & Tobacco, 3235 Henderson Blvd. The people there treated me very well, at least those who worked there, there was one "Elitist" smoking at the bar. They had a great selection, reasonable prices, I'll go back next time I'm there.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Hey Gray4lines - just got a coupon from Tampa Humidor, 10% off thru March 9, just mention the coupon code "MARCH10" at the register when you check out.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Hey Gray4lines - just got a coupon from Tampa Humidor, 10% off thru March 9, just mention the coupon code "MARCH10" at the register when you check out.
    Awesome! I will try and check that place out, as well as the others. Thanks!
    Just an update to my Tampa trip.

I did travel up to Ybor city for a short visit, and it was great! Lots of cigar bars and shops. I found a place.called Lomg Ash cigars who rolls their own cigars in shop and will let you know how they are. Good selction of sizes and wrappers. I picked up a few lanceros and coronas, and a great looking candela robusto.

I alsp checked out King Corona's, a cigar and coffee place. Good selection of brands with good prices. I picked up a few brick house.

I wish I could've made it to el sol and also A. Fuente has a factory direct shop called Tampa Sweethearts or somehing. Maybe next time!

Tampa is a fun visit and Ybor is a very cool place to see. So many cigars! I will post a review of the local gars (long ash cigars). Thanks for the recommendations guys.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Edward's is my personal fav.....Tampa Humidor isnt bad either. Ia gree with Macro, while it seems like a blast, nothing good happens in Ybor after night. Overpriced beers, ugly broads, chicks with di*ks, average food------and the more than occasional mugging.
    Vulchor:
    Edward's is my personal fav.....Tampa Humidor isnt bad either. Ia gree with Macro, while it seems like a blast, nothing good happens in Ybor after night. Overpriced beers, ugly broads, chicks with di*ks, average food------and the more than occasional mugging.
    Yeah, Unfortunately I couldn't get to Tampa Humidor. It looked very nice.

I can see ybor getting very bad very quick after dark. Of course, the same goes for downtown Tampa too. I saw many cops out when I came in from the airport at 1:00am