Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Haze Grey and Underway!!

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
It's that time!! I leave tomorrow for the USS Nimitz which is ultimatley bound for the North Arabian area. I should be back stateside early next February=ish. I'm taking 2 overly stocked humi's with me as well :). Internet is spotty out there but I WILL be popping my head in from time to time. As soon as i get my emaill address i'll post it on my forum signature line, if anyone is so inclined to drop a sailor a line every now and then.

Kinda strange, as i'm typing this i'm actually really sad. I really love you guys! Joe, Tony, Andy, Kooz, Dougie, Gino, Brandon, Brian(still in my crosshairs...), Maddy, Fuzzy Nuts, Scramz, Puro and his Rants, Vince O and his sunday ramblings, Duty and his Burro, Alex and his wisdom, Urby... And countless others whose names escape me at the moment but are no less important. The awesome trades, bomb wars, friendly musing, thought provoking debates and timeless friendships...Thanks for everything guys. I'll catch ya'll on the flip side :)!!

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Be safe friend ...don't be falling overboard or nothin' and we will hear from ya soon I'm sure ...have a great cruise Vinny you will be missed ...
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please be safe and know there are people here who appreciate what you do. I have a son in the 82nd Airborne and he'll be leaving August 10th for Iraq. God Bless.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Vinny, you'll be missed around here. I wish you a safe voyage and hope you come back with some stories to tell. And remember, there's no time for bad cigars, so only take the good ones with you. :)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Geeze Vince, couldn't you hop a ship going somewhere tropical ? We'll talk about you when you are gone ( all good of course). Man, CVN 68 is a floating city ! Is this your first assignment on the Nimitz ?
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    you will be missed Vinny. Hope your voyage is successful and you return safely.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Vinney !! You can't leave right now!!! Tell them you won't be ready for at least another month or so. The summer is just peaking right now!
    Seriously thou Vinney you will be missed around here for a few months. Is there any mail or packages that can be sent to you while on the ship? If so fire me out an address. That would be kinda KEWL... never sent something to a ship at sea before. If not then have a safe rotation and think of us while smoking a stoogie from time to time. I warn you Vin, if I am left to load up until February, there is going to be a hell of a lot of smoke and noise when I fire something off to you then ! I plan to use this down time to re-arm big time.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    You didn't tell them about your sleepwalking issue. Thats gonna suck on ship. Stay safe out there Chief.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Fair winds and following seas shipmate. Put your FPO address on here when you get it. I don't know you, but I'll send a care package. I did my time on the USS Harry S. Truman CVN-75 and I know that packages received at sea are worth their weight in gold.
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    Fair winds and following seas shipmate. Put your FPO address on here when you get it. I don't know you, but I'll send a care package. I did my time on the USS Harry S. Truman CVN-75 and I know that packages received at sea are worth their weight in gold.
    Has anyone heard from Vinney? If anyone has an FPO address for him, please PM me with it. I want to send something to him if that is possible. Is it?
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    clearlysuspect:
    Has anyone heard from Vinney? If anyone has an FPO address for him, please PM me with it. I want to send something to him if that is possible. Is it?
    It is.... except that he changed his name to Nate and he is stationed in Wisconsin.... weird I know
  • Options
    I'll get my address up tomorrow. Things out here are going pretty good. Other than i ordered a bunch of Padilla Miami singles from "CB" that i got a great deal on and they showed up with AFU wrappers...not even smokeable...pi$$ed me off to no end...favorite friggin cigar. Why the hell doesnt padilla put them in cello? Oh well. I hope you guys are doing well and i think about ya'll everytime i light up!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    good to hear your cyber voice Vinny ...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Get that address up Vinny, I've got a special cigar to send your way. :)

Sucks about the Miamis you bought...the only way to go is a box purchase with those. That's the message Padilla is trying to send by not using cello.
  • Options
    For those interested...

ADC(AW) Vincent Pfleger
    VFA-97 Unit 25395
    FPO AP 96601-6225

I was considering the box thing with the miami's. Kind of a d!ck move on padilla's part but hey, marketing is marketing. If you guys do opt to send packages....beware...there is a post office onboard and none of you are out of reach :) I hope to get a bunch of "stuff you cant get in the states" and bomb it out.
  • Options
    Hey Vinnie, good to hear from you. Thanks for the address. How long does it take to get something mailed to a moving address? Are there any special precautions or anything a person should take when sending something out there to you?
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Jetmech_63:
    For those interested...

ADC(AW) Vincent Pfleger
    VFA-97 Unit 25395
    FPO AP 96601-6225

I was considering the box thing with the miami's. Kind of a d!ck move on padilla's part but hey, marketing is marketing. If you guys do opt to send packages....beware...there is a post office onboard and none of you are out of reach :) I hope to get a bunch of "stuff you cant get in the states" and bomb it out.
    I've tried sending "things you can't get in the states" from the APO on the camp where I work but they inspect every package before it goes out. It's too bad to because I've got a drawer full of Cohibas, Montecristos, and Punchs'. I don't know if any of them are actually authentic but they look nice.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Awesome to hear from ya man! Hope you are doing well and enjoying the chances you get to smoke!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I know you don't get too many chances to hop on and check the forums, but if you see this, be on the lookout for air-to-water torpedos....
  • Options
    I'm in here avery 2 or 3 days as connection allows. And dont make me launch an airstrike...it wont be pretty! Speaking of which....Tony drop me an email vincent.pfleger@cvw11.navy.mil
  • Options
    Got an email from Vinnie today with this picture:

He wanted to let everyone know he's good, and to send him as many Dutchmasters as you can get your hands on.
  • Options
    Im the white guy with his arms folded, back row, right. And it's not dutchmasters smartass, i wanted white owls!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Im the white guy with his arms folded, back row, right. And it's not dutchmasters smartass, i wanted white owls!
    Damn... White Owls? What makes you think you're that freakin special? haha
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    What a cool looking group there, and an awesome backdrop too!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    My bad, my bad.....at least I didn't mix them up with Gurkhas or something.....