Home General Discussion

Going to visit My Father

2»

Comments

• rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Pepin told me that both Jamie and himself will not bunch or roll any cigar in the future because they don't have the time. He believes he trained his rollers well. He wants to spend more time with plantation and blending.
    big chunks:
    Hope you have a great time Rip, I have a question are they ever gonna do a cigar bunching and rolling by don Pepin and Jaime Garcia cigar again, have a great time
    Yes he still smokes Cuban and also other brands. he laughed and said otherwise how he gonna know who is making what or continue to improve the quality of his cigars. He told me he smokes lot of other cigars. At least he is honest because when you ask this question to Padrons they always say they smoke Padron. they make what they smoke and they sell what they make- BS. I respect Pepin for being honest and straight forward. I also gave him 15 top line Cuban cigars and he really appreciated the gift. Outside his brand, he likes Arturo Fuente.
    big chunks:
    It would be interesting to see how good they're personal cigars are, also do they still smoke Cuban Cigars
    Oh forgot to mention that I got four of his favourite smoke. I will talk about it in a separate thread.
    big chunks:
    It would be interesting to see how good they're personal cigars are, also do they still smoke Cuban Cigars
    I saw the box and he gave me five sticks. He told me a little bit about the blend. I do not want talk about it because he wants to surprise his cigar lovers. One way to maintain trust is not to reveal information when blenders do not want us to do it. I will just share one thing- he used Pelo de Oro in his 10th Anniversary blends. I will smoke it soon and review it.
    jliu:
    I want more info on 10th anniversary DPG limited edition. I hear it's off of the DPG blue format.
    Not Lancero but he is going to release a toro size cigar to recreate one of his favourite line.He used a three years aged broadleaf Maduro.
    catfishbluezz:
    Ask them what they plan to do with all the capital they are accumulating with the FDLA being the number one cigar and selling like wildfire. Then tell them they need to make another conny broadleaf lancero like the original El Truinfador...it was sooo damn tasty lol.
    He is working with a new blends but not there yet. His other favorite brand is Arturo Fuente. He doesn't have any particular blend or cigar when kicking around the factory.
    xmacro:
    Ask them if they're ever gonna come up with another My Father line, and what their favorite cigars are that aren't theirs. Also ask what they smoke when kicking around the factory, like how AJ Fernandez smoked his puro's and then made them available.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    I saw the box and he gave me five sticks. He told me a little bit about the blend. I do not want talk about it because he wants to surprise his cigar lovers. One way to maintain trust is not to reveal information when blenders do not want us to do it. I will just share one thing- he used Pelo de Oro in his 10th Anniversary blends. I will smoke it soon and review it.
    jliu:
    I want more info on 10th anniversary DPG limited edition. I hear it's off of the DPG blue format.
    you made my heart skip a beat when you said pelo de oro Rip. <3 you
    His most favourite tobacco is Pelo de Oro. I saw the entire process and the way he guard them. The only problem is the limited quantity. I will post some pictures soon. He really worked hard to develop the 10th Anniversary blend.
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    jliu:
    you made my heart skip a beat when you said pelo de oro Rip.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    His most favourite tobacco is Pelo de Oro. I saw the entire process and the way he guard them. The only problem is the limited quantity. I will post some pictures soon. He really worked hard to develop the 10th Anniversary blend.
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    jliu:
    Yea, I'm VERY excited about this cigar. Looking forward to your future write ups and pictures
    I will get it for you. I will see him again in June. He invited me for pork roast launch. Sorry I didn't see this message earlier.
    90+ Irishman:
    rzaman:
    Juinn & Brett, I will try to find some information about the 10th Anniversary release. However, blenders never reveal their blends. When they talk about the fillers, usually they always hide one or two fillers tobaccos. They are all in business so they maintain secrecy. However, there are some ways to discover close to the truth-:) Stay tuned...
    jliu:
    Much much appreciated Rip!! Any way that you and I could work out some deal for me to get DPG's autograph? Like I said he is kinda my cigar idol so that would be more than a little amazing... No worries either way but PM me if you are up for working something out. Thanks Rip!
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    jliu:
    Yea, I'm VERY excited about this cigar. Looking forward to your future write ups and pictures
    This blends spiciness will be more mellow with strong nutty finish. I haven't smoke one yet but that what he told me.
    Yes it is. Most probably the best factory in Nicaragua in term of efficiency, volume, quality control, operation and technology. He told me when his cigar became number one, he couldn't release them fast enough because of the backward linkage delay. He just bought a machine just to make the plastic cellos. Recently, he also expanded his box making and drying facility. It was fascinating to see he built a freezer just to preserve and age some of his favourite tobaccos. I will post some pictures soon. I was always impressed with Padron factory but now I admit that Padron facility is nothing compares to My Father. I believe your website picture was taken in Pepin's finca. Pepin also has the largest tobacco burn in Nicaragua.
    kuzi16:
    that was one of the nicest factories ive seen

if you have not been there you will enjoy it. i know i did.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    I will get it for you. I will see him again in June. He invited me for pork roast launch. Sorry I didn't see this message earlier.
    90+ Irishman:
    rzaman:
    Juinn & Brett, I will try to find some information about the 10th Anniversary release. However, blenders never reveal their blends. When they talk about the fillers, usually they always hide one or two fillers tobaccos. They are all in business so they maintain secrecy. However, there are some ways to discover close to the truth-:) Stay tuned...
    jliu:
    Much much appreciated Rip!! Any way that you and I could work out some deal for me to get DPG's autograph? Like I said he is kinda my cigar idol so that would be more than a little amazing... No worries either way but PM me if you are up for working something out. Thanks Rip!
    Thank you so very much Rip and no worries!! Thanks for sharing all of this with us and being an incredible brother and friend., I am just as excited as Jiunn about the DOG 10th... I will be buying a box as soon as they are preorder ready. Did you happen to hear how and when preorders will be placed?
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    90+ Irishman:
    rzaman:
    90+ Irishman:
    rzaman:
    jliu:
    Thank you so very much Rip and no worries!! Thanks for sharing all of this with us and being an incredible brother and friend., I am just as excited as Jiunn about the DOG 10th... I will be buying a box as soon as they are preorder ready. Did you happen to hear how and when preorders will be placed?
    Sorry I didn't ask him where to preorder but indeed I secured a box lol. Incase, you can't find them I can give you some. I also have five Pre-released sticks to smoke. Can't wait...
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    90+ Irishman:
    rzaman:
    90+ Irishman:
    rzaman:
    jliu:
    Sorry I didn't ask him where to preorder but indeed I secured a box lol. Incase, you can't find them I can give you some. I also have five Pre-released sticks to smoke. Can't wait...
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    90+ Irishman:
    rzaman:
    90+ Irishman:
    rzaman:
    jliu:
    ////always a generous man Rip...i enjoy your posts! Please enjoy your cigars...u deserve them!
    bearb:
    rzaman:
    90+ Irishman:
    rzaman:
    90+ Irishman:
    rzaman:
    jliu:
    ////always a generous man Rip...i enjoy your posts! Please enjoy your cigars...u deserve them!
    Thanks Barry. I appreciate the kind words. Please follow my "Dairy from Nicaragua" thread for pictures and detail.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    bearb:
    rzaman:
    90+ Irishman:
    rzaman:
    90+ Irishman:
    rzaman:
    jliu:
    Thanks Barry. I appreciate the kind words. Please follow my "Dairy from Nicaragua" thread for pictures and detail.
    Thank you for such an immensely kind and generous offer Rip! If I somehow can't get ahold of a box of them when they are released I will chat with you, but otherwise don't worry about it! As for the prerelease versions, that's incredible and can't wait to read that review! Never had a prerelease cigar before but the forbidden fruit factor would just make that all the more special and incredible of an experience especially with THAT cigar! Congrats and enjoy that's a one in a million thing!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Rip thanks again for asking my questions, I'm glad to see you had a great time
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Did you see pepper shakers everywhere? Sounds like you had a blast Rip, congrats.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like 1 amazing trip, congrats always learning from u guys.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Did you see pepper shakers everywhere? Sounds like you had a blast Rip, congrats.
    LOL dude ..... dood .........Dewd LOL I can't stop laughing. DUDE!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    I was honest with Pepin when he asked me about his blends. I told him that the powerful spice combine with strength kills my taste bud. He usually use sun grown ligeros and they are very spicy. I had a blast, on top of that it was very educational. I asked him many questions usually I do not ask other cigar makers. He made me feel comfortable to ask. I do feel more educated about cigar, production, myth and other. I discovered a lot fact this time. Overall it was a fact finding successful mission plus the relationship with Garcias.
    catfishbluezz:
    You are welcome Jesus. If you still have questions please let me know. I will ask him when I see him in June.
    big chunks:
    Rip thanks again for asking my questions, I'm glad to see you had a great time
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    I was honest with Pepin when he asked me about his blends. I told him that the powerful spice combine with strength kills my taste bud. He usually use sun grown ligeros and they are very spicy. I had a blast, on top of that it was very educational. I asked him many questions usually I do not ask other cigar makers. He made me feel comfortable to ask. I do feel more educated about cigar, production, myth and other. I discovered a lot fact this time. Overall it was a fact finding successful mission plus the relationship with Garcias.
    catfishbluezz:
    honestly I enjoy a few of his blends, but only after they age at least a year or so and the power subsides. Seems like after 3/4 years they are awesome, I just don't care to wait that long for them.