Home Cigar 101
Options

Question about flavored or infused cigars

JZerbyJZerby Posts: 122
I've searched the forum and can't find much that answers my question so I am just gonna ask it as a new thread. I ordered some Cao Moontrance robustos today. I happen to like that particular cigar. Apart from some of DE's stuff, it's the only flavored cigar I can handle. I was just gonna put them in my cooler, but I am not sure how to store them in there. If I put them in a ziploc bag with a boveda pack, would that prevent any flavor/ aroma mingling with my other sticks? Or is there a better way to store them? I didn't order a box, just a couple of them cuz I don't do flavored stuff very often so it's not like I have 20 of them to mess around with.

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I would not chance putting them in your cooler, even if they are in a ziploc bag. It's not worth the slight chance of passing some unwanted infusion to your normal smokes. I would just grab a small tuppoware (sp?) container and use that for your infused.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    zip loc is not 100% smell/odor proof. i dont trust it in a sealed environment like a cooler. that smell could seep through and linger. i agree with rain. get a tepperware or one of those semi disposable containers and add in a water pillow, some beads or a boveeda and dont risk it.