Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Projects Thread

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I've noticed that there are many brothers here that are incredibly creative and make some awesome cigar related projects and I wanted to make a thread where we can post them up.

I will go ahead and start this off with two projects that I just wrapped up lately. First one is a clock that I just finished and the very first one that I made for myself. I've been making them for well over a year now and this is the first one I made for me and did it to celebrate the single biggest occasion that has happened to me so far. The Celtic trinity knot, called a triquetra (pronounced tri-caught-uh), was something that I carved, chiseled and polished from a solid sheet of copper and placed under the face of the movement. The feet are actually identical copies of the footprints from when Cael was born and put on his birth certificate and is painted from 24k gold paint that Amanda did, thanks sweetie!

The second project was to actually create a complete catalog of every review I've ever done back from very early 2011. I couldn't have done it without my wife's help since she formatted and printed everything for me while I organized it all and finalized it. Since I'm trying to get into the industry I figured this would be a nice r
"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool stuff Brett!! Well done and there are a lot of creative guys on here. Looking forward to seeing what transpires..
  • Options
    Thanks Jim, will be posting up some other examples later on to help try and kick start this a bit more :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Very cool stuff Brett!! Well done and there are a lot of creative guys on here. Looking forward to seeing what transpires..
    +1 awesome thread. Awesome work Brett.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Bigshizza:
    Thanks Daniel, I happen to know someone that makes some badass stogie stands I wonder if he would post up some examples and info.... Hmmm ;)
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Really nice, Brett!!!
  • Options
    C-LOVE:
    Really nice, Brett!!!
    Thanks Chris, I will post up some pics of other clocks I've done for the brothers over the past year.

Come on gang, I know I'm not the only one who is making some badass stuff, share em!
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both look great! The catalog is a great idea! And your carving for the clock is very impressive!

I have quite a collection of cigar bands and a couple of boxes, but don't know what to do with em!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff Brett,,,,you're a pro at those clocks now, huh?

I remember not too long ago twisted stem posted pics of his cigar band lamp.....
    just found that thread again here: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/614565.aspx

I also got a pic of my ashtray on there, hope to do a big, framed and matted collage somewhere down the road....

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    wardcwardc Posts: 37
    Love the clock Brett! Great metal work too! Awesome idea for a thread
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Very artistic and thoughtful. Thanks for sharing Brett.
  • Options
    Thanks for such kind words and encouragement everyone, from the bottom of my heart thank you to each and every person! I'm glad y'all like what I have to share and as I said earlier I will be putting up a few more examples in a short time.

John and Gray, would love to see your projects as well brothers! Oh and John, thanks for the link those are sick!
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:

I remember not too long ago twisted stem posted pics of his cigar band lamp.....
    just found that thread again here: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/614565.aspx

I also got a pic of my ashtray on there, hope to do a big, framed and matted collage somewhere down the road....
    yeah thought they both came out good.. band lamp photo IMG_0513_zpsb284d0c8.jpg
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Here are a handful of other examples that I did for the brothers and some of my closest friends :D

• Options
    twistedstem:
    jgibv:

yeah thought they both came out good.. band lamp photo IMG_0513_zpsb284d0c8.jpg

That is awesome Adam, and thanks for posting that up in the thread!
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just know I'm going to love this thread.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    danielzreyes:
    Bigshizza:
    Thanks Daniel, I happen to know someone that makes some badass stogie stands I wonder if he would post up some examples and info.... Hmmm ;)
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:

+1

I really like the Undercrown clocks; those are awesome; the one with the pendulum would look great in my imaginary cigar den.

That framed print is pretty awesome, too. I don't really have any projects to share...I don't have enough bands or boxes to do anything with. All I have is my "journal" binder of review notes. Some pics are in my review thread, but I don't think I included my title page:

photo IMAG0287_zps9db7e08a.jpg

My initials happen to be the same as Edgar Hoil's, so I borrowed his font, slapped on the review thread with some line art and then included some celebrity cigar heroes. Not super creative; every image is pretty much "borrowed." But it makes a nice intro for my brain to enter the world of reviewing sticks. The back side of that cover has a ring gauge guide with ruler to get measurements.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    webmost:

+1

I really like the Undercrown clocks; those are awesome; the one with the pendulum would look great in my imaginary cigar den.

That framed print is pretty awesome, too. I don't really have any projects to share...I don't have enough bands or boxes to do anything with. All I have is my "journal" binder of review notes. Some pics are in my review thread, but I don't think I included my title page:

photo IMAG0287_zps9db7e08a.jpg

My initials happen to be the same as Edgar Hoil's, so I borrowed his font, slapped on the review thread with some line art and then included some celebrity cigar heroes. Not super creative; every image is pretty much "borrowed." But it makes a nice intro for my brain to enter the world of reviewing sticks. The back side of that cover has a ring gauge guide with ruler to get measurements.
    Thanks for the kind words Martel, I just enjoy making things is all.

Really dig the tasting notes binder, I did that myself in a way and find that it really helps for reference to what you hadpreviousy smoked and for organizing my thoughts. Nice job and love the intro page :)
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    90+ Irishman:
    danielzreyes:
    Bigshizza:
    Thanks D, and that is awesome bro never had a clue how you did those, very very nice job and thanks for sharing boss!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brett, where's a pic of the purse you made for Mrs. Irish??? That was pretty cool.

And how many clocks do you think you've made total? You definitely know what you're doin --- that ABBM one is prob my fav, really like the symmetry of it.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, awesome ideas guys, I wish I was this creative.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is all I got:
    Just a bent up wire stogie holder farkle on my camping bike. Purty pitiful.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Yeah, this is all I got:
    I think cigar making would qualify.
  • Options
    jgibv:
    Brett, where's a pic of the purse you made for Mrs. Irish??? That was pretty cool.

And how many clocks do you think you've made total? You definitely know what you're doin --- that ABBM one is prob my fav, really like the symmetry of it.
    Thank you so much my friend means a ton really :) The AB clock I actually made for Barry, one of the top marketing executives for Alec Bradley (in their new ad campaign you can see him listed as one of the 7 guys for AB) who frequents the lounge I go to and before being at AB he worked there. So yeah that is actually in his own personal lounge at his house now is what he tells me. As for how many clocks I've made over the past couple years, probably 18+ if not more. I'm starting to break into a new market when I saw an example of it drone at my local lounge and from a close friend as well... Want to start doing lamps.

As for the purse, here ya go...

• Options
    The four newest creations I made for friends and multiple different forum members for different reasons :)

• Options
    90+ Irishman:
    The four newest creations I made for friends and multiple different forum members for different reasons :)

Good looking clocks Bro, love the clover 1
  • Options
    Glock1975:
    90+ Irishman:

Thanks Ray :) If you like I will happily make you a special clock for your daughters birth, no more special occasion to mark through time than that man! PM me to work out details on how you want it to look etc etc ;)
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Glock1975:
    90+ Irishman:

Thanks Ray :) If you like I will happily make you a special clock for your daughters birth, no more special occasion to mark through time than that man! PM me to work out details on how you want it to look etc etc ;)
    That would b awesome, I will PM u. Thank u so much.
  • Options
    No thanks necessary bro ;)
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Brett...you have artistic mind.