Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Super premium 2nd's

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone tried these? I see boxes of 25 on bid site all the time for around 30$. Make a good boat smoke if they are any good. I'm especially fond of the look of the champion. Looks just like the Punch champion size.

Comments

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have wondered about those too, I really like Hoyo's excalibur line.

While this does not answer your question, I recently bought the Rocky X-Outs and they are fantastic! I think $35 for 15? I bought the missile size maduros (Edge maduro) and the smallest rg habano (Sungrown). Havent tried the sungrown, but the edge maduro was excellent! Great price for some really good smokes.

I am not sure if the deal is still up, but I bet you could call or email about em! I will definitely buy more of them.

edit: you should also have a pm from me, just making sure you got it.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Gray4lines:

While this does not answer your question, I recently bought the Rocky X-Outs and they are fantastic! I think $35 for 15? I bought the missile size maduros (Edge maduro) and the smallest rg habano (Sungrown). Havent tried the sungrown, but the edge maduro was excellent! Great price for some really good smokes.

I am not sure if the deal is still up, but I bet you could call or email about em! I will definitely buy more of them.

Ive never bought any 2nd's before. I've heard the Alec Bradley's are supposed to be good. And I've wondered about the X-outs.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Gray4lines:

Ive never bought any 2nd's before. I've heard the Alec Bradley's are supposed to be good. And I've wondered about the X-outs.
    Wonder no more... If its the Rocky X-Outs.... Maybe in 2+ years they would be smokable. The only ones Ive enjoyed are the Lanceros.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I've only ever had the RP 1990 seconds. I think they are great but I enjoy the 1990s anway, so take it FWIW. I've never really heard of anyone having problems with 2nds - sounds like if you like the originals the 2nds are a good way to get them cheaply.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    2nds? Ugh..
  • Options
    Rain:
    2nds? Ugh..
    Great contribution. Thanks for joining the conversation.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Anyone tried these? I see boxes of 25 on bid site all the time for around 30$. Make a good boat smoke if they are any good. I'm especially fond of the look of the champion. Looks just like the Punch champion size.
    I'm confused ---- is "Super Premium Seconds" the brand??
    Or can you choose by blender/factory/etc.

And are you asking about "seconds" in general ?
    If so, and you're an AJ fan --- I've had good luck with his "overruns" in the past, can usually get a deal on them 20 cigars for $25-30 (PM me for more info).
    I've got Nica Libre, MOW, Diesel, 5V AAA before --- construction, burn and flavor are always consistent. Never could figure out why they were "overruns" since they've all smoked fine for me....

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    Rhamlin:

If so, and you're an AJ fan --- I've had good luck with his "overruns" in the past, can usually get a deal on them 20 cigars for $25-30 (PM me for more info).
    I've got Nica Libre, MOW, Diesel, 5V AAA before --- construction, burn and flavor are always consistent. Never could figure out why they were "overruns" since they've all smoked fine for me....

Yeah that's what the bundle is called. Their by the people who make Punch and Hoyo, they kinda hint around that this is what they are.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    I've only ever had the RP 1990 seconds. I think they are great but I enjoy the 1990s anway, so take it FWIW. I've never really heard of anyone having problems with 2nds - sounds like if you like the originals the 2nds are a good way to get them cheaply.
    ///agreed...while it is a bit of a gamble, the price is certainly right on most of them to risk it! The AJ overruns have been epic really...certainly worth the price!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    jgibv:
    Rhamlin:

Yeah that's what the bundle is called. Their by the people who make Punch and Hoyo, they kinda hint around that this is what they are.
    Got it, cool. Thanks for clarifying .... will have to look them up, I'm a fan if the punch rare corojo - wonder what the chances would be of getting that as a "second"

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Heavy:
    Rain:
    2nds? Ugh..
    Because you mentioning my contribution is a good contribution..? ;)Most of you know that I bought 40 90+ Rated Nica seconds. Horrible draws, bland flavors...really got burned.
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Heavy:
    Rain:
    2nds? Ugh..
    Because you mentioning my contribution is a good contribution..? ;)Most of you know that I bought 40 90+ Rated Nica seconds. Horrible draws, bland flavors...really got burned.
    pretty sure there's a fishbowl with numbers from 85-97. Pull a number, there's your rating.
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't even care about ratings because they mean nothing. I bought them because they were cheap petite coronas hah. Get what you pay for...don't wanna dish out for legit Nicaraguan 90+ rated cigars? No problem...we have these AMAZING sticks for you. TRY IT YOULL LIKE IT IT'S GOOD.
  • Options
    That sucks, Rain... that's why I was a little hesitant to buy any 2nd or x-outs. Mine seem to be good quality, and really just like the real thing. So, Im happy!

Was it a single bundle of 40? Thats scary.
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    That sucks, Rain... that's why I was a little hesitant to buy any 2nd or x-outs. Mine seem to be good quality, and really just like the real thing. So, Im happy!

Hahahaha, no. Someone offering me a bundle of 40 would scare me. Two twenties.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Heavy:
    Rain:
    2nds? Ugh..
    Haha, lol - that sucks man. I didn't know about you getting burned on a bundle. Do you like the regular Nicas though?

And I didn't realize Super Premium 2nds were a specific brand, so sorry if I went off track. I thought the question was about 2nds in general. I still stand behind my good experience with the RP 1990 seconds, but I guess you never know until you try them.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Gray4lines:

Hahahaha, no. Someone offering me a bundle of 40 would scare me. Two twenties.
    40 cigars for $20!! ;) You can't lose!